Author Topic: Clothed me with the garments of salvation  (Read 1875 times)

biblebuf

Clothed me with the garments of salvation
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:13:01 pm »
Thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name. (Isa. 54:5 )
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Eph. 5:32 )
Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken … but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, … for the Lord delighteth in thee. And as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. (Isa. 62:4 , 5 ) He hath sent me … to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. (Isa. 61:1-3 )
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (Isa. 61:10 )
I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness and in mercies. (Hos. 2:19 )
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? (Rom. 8:35 )

Fat

Re: Clothed me with the garments of salvation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »
Reading this I found another argument for the Trinity. If you look at the verses in full (they are not full in your post) you can see that the Father and the Son are as one.

Quote from: from JW's NWT
Isa 54:5 “For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called. 6 For Jehovah called you as if you were a wife left entirely and hurt in spirit, and as a wife of the time of youth who was then rejected,” your God has said.

Isa 62:4 No more will you be said to be a woman left entirely; and your own land will no more be said to be desolate; but you yourself will be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Owned as a Wife. For Jehovah will have taken delight in you, and your own land will be owned as a wife. 5 For just as a young man takes ownership of a virgin as his wife, your sons will take ownership of you as a wife. And with the exultation of a bridegroom over a bride, your God will exult even over you

Rev 21:9 And there came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls which were full of the seven last plagues, and he spoke with me and said: “Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.

I put Rev 21 in there jst so you can see that they believe the Church is the bride of Christ.