Author Topic: The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom  (Read 764 times)

biblebuf

The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »
The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom

Psalm 2:11 "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling." 

Psa 119:120 My flesh trembles for fear of you,
and I am afraid of your judgments.

Heb 4:1-2 Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Psa 5:7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Psa 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Jer 32:39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

Pro 8:13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil. I hate arrogant pride, evil conduct, and perverse speech.

Job 28:28 He said to mankind, "Look! The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom, and to turn from evil is understanding."

Psa 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His instructions have good insight. His praise endures forever.

Pro 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning people from the snares of death.

Pro 15:16 Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure with turmoil.

Isa 33:6 There will be times of security for you- a storehouse of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. The fear of the Lord is Zion's treasure.

Psa 19:9 The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are reliable and altogether righteous.

Ecc 12:13 When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is: fear God and keep His commands, because this [is for] all humanity.

1Pe 2:17 Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the Emperor.

Deu 13:4 You must follow the Lord your God and fear Him. You must keep His commands and listen to His voice; you must worship Him and remain faithful to Him.

Psa 22:23  You who fear the Lord, praise Him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor Him! All you descendants of Israel, revere Him!

1Sa 12:24 Above all, fear the Lord and worship Him faithfully with all your heart, considering the great things He has done for you.

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Psa 5:7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Psa 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

Act 10:35 but in every nation the person who fears Him and does righteousness is acceptable to Him.

Psa 103:17 But from eternity to eternity the Lord's faithful love is toward those who fear Him, and His righteousness toward the grandchildren

Luk 1:50 His mercy is from generation to generation on those who fear Him.

Psa 112:1 Hallelujah! Happy is the man who fears the Lord, taking great delight in His commandments.

Psa 115:13 He will bless those who fear the Lord- small and great alike.

Fat

Re: The fear of the Lord-that is wisdom
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:06 am »
 The kind of fear we are talking about here is the same kind of fear you have of your parents, closely related to respect.