Author Topic: Luke 6:20-26  (Read 614 times)

clark thompson

Luke 6:20-26
« on: December 05, 2016, 04:35:11 am »
Luke 6:20-26 King James Version (KJV)
20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Luke 6:20-26
CLV 20 And He, lifting up His eyes to His disciples, said "Happy are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of God." 21 Happy are those hungering now, for you shall be satisfied. Happy are those lamenting now, for you shall be laughing." 22 Happy are you whenever men should be hating you, and whenever they should be severing from you and reproaching you and casting out your name as wicked, on account of the Son of Mankind." 23 You may be rejoicing in that day, and frisk, for lo! your wages are vast in heaven, for according to the same manner did their fathers to the prophets." 24 Moreover, woe to you who are rich, for you are collecting your consolation!" 25 Woe to you who are filled now, for you shall be hungering! Woe to you who are laughing now, for you shall be mourning and lamenting!" 26 Woe to you whenever all men may be saying fine things of you, for according to the same manner did their fathers to the false prophets!"

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 If we are poor here on earth but have the Lord then we will been rich in glory.

21 Those that are hungry He is the Living Bread and will fill them. Jesus bring us an everlasting joy.

22 People hate Jesus so as a result we are going to be shown hate but God will bless us for all of this.

23 Our rewards our heavenly where they last for eternity.

24 This is talking about those who seek wealth of this world rather then God not those who have.

25 Those who think they have everything will see their need for Jesus and it maybe after judgment. Those who find happiness outside Jesus will find sorrow.

26 We are not to live for favor of men but to please the Lord. 

biblebuf

Re: Luke 6:20-26
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:02:07 pm »
Quote from: Gill
Christ was dealing with something more significant than mere material poverty and wealth, however. The poverty spoken of here refers primarily to a sense of one’s own spiritual impoverishment.

Luke 12:15-21   (NAS)
15 Then He said to them, "Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." 16 And He told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man was very productive. 17 "And he began reasoning to himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?' 18 "Then he said, 'This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 'And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry."' 20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?' 21 "So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

Luke 18:23-25   (NAS)
23 But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. 24 And Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God! 25 "For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Psalms 49:6-7   (NAS)
6 Even those who trust in their wealth And boast in the abundance of their riches? 7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him-

Psalms 49:16-19   (NAS)
16 Do not be afraid when a man becomes rich, When the glory of his house is increased; 17 For when he dies he will carry nothing * away; His glory will not descend after him. 18 Though while he lives he congratulates himself - And though men praise you when you do well for yourself- 19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers; They will never * * see the light.
1 Timothy 6:17   (NAS)
17 Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.

Jeremiah 5:4-6   (NAS)
4 Then I said, "They are only the poor, They are foolish; For they do not know the way of the LORD Or the ordinance of their God. 5 "I will go to the great And will speak to them, For they know the way of the LORD And the ordinance of their God." But they too, with one accord, have broken the yoke And burst the bonds. 6 Therefore * a lion from the forest will slay them, A wolf of the deserts will destroy them, A leopard is watching their cities. Everyone who goes out of them will be torn in pieces, Because their transgressions are many, Their apostasies are numerous..

Luke 16:19-25   (NAS)
19 "Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. 20 "And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. 22 "Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away * and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 "And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.' 25 "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.

Fat

Re: Luke 6:20-26
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

He is speaking of those who hunger for the word of God,  they hunger for the truth.

You can't go on a diet and be blessed because you're hungry.