Author Topic: Your Father The Devil  (Read 1961 times)

Robert Sanders

Your Father The Devil
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:32:23 am »
John 8:44   
Ye are of your father the devil,
and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Is this how you distinguish
the difference between the children of God
and the children of the devil?

A. Yes

B. No

Do all those who are Fathered by God
have the same exact Spirit as God?

A. Yes

B. No

Is this why Jesus said to them?

Matthew 5:48   
Be ye therefore perfect,
even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

A. Yes

B. No

Are all those who are fathered by the devil
have the same exact spirit as the devil?

A. Yes

B. No

A. Yes

B. No

Fat

Re: Your Father The Devil
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:16:44 pm »
So who is your father?

The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life;   And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

Robert Sanders

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 02:59:20 pm »
So who is your father?

The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Cursed are you more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat All the days of your life;   And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."
It is written
there are only 2  families of people on earth.

The children of God
and the children of the devil.

1 John, Chapter 3, 10:
In this the children of God are manifest,
and the children of the devil:
whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,
neither he that loveth not his brother.

Do you believe it?

A. Yes

B. No

Fat

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 11:35:14 am »
“He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.”
John‬ 1:2-4‬ NASB‬

Do you believe it?

A.  Yes

B. No

C. Undecided

JJ483

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 11:15:07 pm »

Is this how you distinguish
the difference between the children of God
and the children of the devil?

A. Yes

B. No

Yes, but one must remember that Jesus states earlier in this chapter, the following:
34)  Jesus answered them, Verily. verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35)  And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36)  If the Son therefore shall make you free; ye shall be free indeed.
John 8:34-36

So before I came to accept Jesus as my Savior, I was a child of the devil.  But after receiving Him as my Redeemer I became a adopted son of God, Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:4-11

Do all those who are Fathered by God
have the same exact Spirit as God?

A. Yes

B. No

Yes, but this Spirit is the Spirit of Adoption, Who gives to us the ability to love as God loves; Romans 5:5; John 13:34-35; I Peter 1:23.

Matthew 5:48   
Be ye therefore perfect,
even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

A. Yes

B. No

Yes, for Matthew 5:43-47 describes how we should love all, even those who do us wrong.  And here in Matthew 5:48 we see that the Holy Spirit who helps us to love other, gives this bond of perfectness, see Colossians 3:14

Are all those who are fathered by the devil
have the same exact spirit as the devil?

A. Yes

B. No

Yes and no, in a sense the spirit of the world and of man is the spirit of the devil, but there is a little different albeit not much, I Corinthians 2:11-16.

A. Yes

B. No

Yes, but Christ Jesus does not mean that a Christian can ever be without sin.  I noticed in replying to Fat, you quote I John 3:10 which also refers to verse 8 in the same chapter.  But we need to remember the context that John was writing his epistle, that is to counter act the teaching of the gnostics'.
This group taught that the our spirit could not sin, so John wrote the first chapter of I John to correct this false doctrine, I John 1:7-10.   But the third chapter of I John was written to correct the teaching of the gnostics' that our flesh could not be contain, but was able to sin without causing any damage to the believers' spirit.  For all other scripture teaches that we will continue to sin, Romans 7:14-25; Romans 5:15-17: I John 1:7-10.

7)  That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8)  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:7-9

We are not saved of our own righteousness but of Christ Jesus righteousness II Corinthians 5:21, given simply by believing in Him, John 1:12. So no we do not produce sinlessness, but we do need to produce the fruit of the Spirit which is what Paul states in the following verse:
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

And we find simply by reading James 2 that the workmanship that God require of believer is to love one another, just read James 2:8-13, James is not speaking of sinlessness, but the love we should show one another in the remaining 13 verses of this chapter, just as Jesus describes being perfect in Matthew 5:43-48.