Author Topic: King of Kings and Lord of Lords - By Charles Meek  (Read 2302 times)

Fat

King of Kings and Lord of Lords - By Charles Meek
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:36:02 pm »
King of Kings and Lord of Lords   By Charles Meek

Dispensationalists don’t believe that Jesus is reigning now as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. They think his reign only happens in a literal thousand-year millennium sometime in the future. They think that Satan is ruling the world now. This seems like an astounding conclusion for any professing Christian, and a horrendous insult to our Lord—especially since the Bible teaches that Jesus is indeed reigning NOW as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Here are some Bible verses:

“For us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.” (Isaiah 9:6-7)
“And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me.” (Matthew 28:18)
“And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” (Luke 1:33)
“Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.” (John 12:31)
“As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching the good news of peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)” (Acts 10:36)
“For He must reign until He has put all his enemies under his feet.” (1 Corinthians 15:25)
“and seated Him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things under his feet and have him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” (Ephesians 1:20-23)
“He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son. . . . He is the image of the invisible God. For by Him all things were created. . . . And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. . . . For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven.” (Colossians 1:13-20)
“He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of Kings and Lord of lords.” (1 Timothy 6:14)
“He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of his power.” (Hebrews 1:3)
“He who is born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.” (1 John 5:18
“And from Jesus Christ ‘the faithful witness,’ the firstborn of the dead, and ‘the ruler of kings on earth.” (Revelation 1:5)
“They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings.” (Revelation 17:14)
“On his robe and on his thigh He has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.” (Revelation 19:16)

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AFoWEqdEB-k0WQI&cid=D3BD424B0B25B83F&id=D3BD424B0B25B83F!20393&parId=D3BD424B0B25B83F!113&o=OneUp

Well i'am one of those that does not believe that Christ is reigning on this earth at the present time.

Revelation 20:1-2
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Explain the second coming and the thousand year reign if He reigns now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:14:04 pm by admin »

Bob

Re: King of Kings and Lord of Lords - By Charles Meek
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »
Dispensationalists don’t believe that Jesus is reigning now as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. They think his reign only happens in a literal thousand-year millennium sometime in the future. They think that Satan is ruling the world now. This seems like an astounding conclusion for any professing Christian, and a horrendous insult to our Lord—especially since the Bible teaches that Jesus is indeed reigning NOW as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Here are some Bible verses:

Mr Meek I believe you are wrong, Scripture tells us that Christ has not yet set up His Kingdom on earth. Please note that when Christ spoke the words below He was standing on the earth.

John 17:11
11. "I am no longer in the world; and [yet] they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, [the name] which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We [are].

John 17:14-16
14. "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. "I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil [one].
16. "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 15:19

19. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 8
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

James 4:4
4. You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

1 John 2:15-16
15. Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

macuser

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 05:46:18 pm »
The Messiah is coming to reign on the earth as King of the Universe forever. It will not just be a thousand years. God will punish and kill Satan for the crucifixion with a two edged sword. Isaiah 27:1. "In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea". Job 20:25. It is drawn and cometh out of the body; yea the glittering sword cometh out of his gall: terrors are upon him". Satan will be banished to Hell forever and he's the only one who will spend eternity there. It is also not for just a thousand years. Scientists/Astronomers have recently found and photographed Hell, it is a massive Black Hole. It is darkness, freezing cold, hyper-gravity, and a bottomless pit.

Satan will not be killed, he will be punished for ever .

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”
REVELATION‬ 20:1-3, 10‬ NASB‬‬

Hal

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:19:21 am »
Satan will not be spiritually killed, he will live in Hell forever and there will be no reprieve. The punishment fits the crime/sin. The "beast" and "false prophet" are the two witnesses in Revelation. Regarding the thousand years, Christians originally expected Jesus' return in 999-1000 ce. It didn't happen so they changed it to 1999-2000 ce. It still hasn't happened. Jesus is coming back, but he's been reincarnated. I don't believe in your Hell, where is it and how do you physically get there? There is no fire in Hell, fire is a symbol of holiness. Hell is the absence of Energy. Light is the purest form of Energy, and heat is the lowest form of Energy. Hell is darkness and freezing cold. If there was fire in Hell, it would be illuminated.

Actually the first original Christian believed Christ would return in their life time. It is the nature of man ( hope ).

The beast anc the false prophet? Have you ever read the New Testament?

Bob

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:36 pm »
A lot of verses in the NT say Jesus was supposed to come back within a generation of the people he preached to. In the Bible, a generation is 40 years. One of them is Matthew 16:28. "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". This proves Jesus was a false prophet. Personally, I believe Jesus was mentally ill and delusional. Psalm 38:7, Psalm 41:8, Job 30:18. I have read through the NT three times. I have read the OT hundreds of times, and parts of it thousands of times. The scriptures are fluid in my mind and I can quote entire chapters from memory.

The word used in Matthew 16, kingdom, can also be translated royal splendor.  In all three Gospels the Transfiguration, which was witnessed by Peter, James, and John came nine days later. So the three standing there did in fact fulfill the prophecy in Matthew 16:28.