Author Topic: John 1:1 He is one with the Father  (Read 469 times)

Hal

John 1:1 He is one with the Father
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:32:07 am »
I know that John 1 has been discussed here bey, but I got this in an email and thought I would share it.

Scripture of the Day: John 1:1
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:1

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

God's Message of salvation was with Him at creation. In fact, by nature, the One who was the Message was God Himself. John wants us to know that Jesus, God's Word and Ultimate Message, was with God from the very beginning. The One who turns water into wine, feeds the 5000, and raises Lazarus didn't make His human appearance on earth until He was born in Bethlehem, but He has always been there. He is God with us, as Matthew puts it (Matthew 1:23). He is God come to visit us as Luke tells us (Luke 7:16). He is the Son of God as Mark reminds us (Mark 1:1). He is God's Ultimate and final Word (Hebrews 1:1-2)!

Fat

Re: John 1:1 He is one with the Father
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:52:55 pm »
Hi Hal

I still like using Mark 10:18 when I talked to Jehovah's Witnesses. They have a hard time explaining how Jesus could say that nobody is good but even Jesus. I just can understand the Jesus was God in the flesh, and he had the right to be called good.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.