Author Topic: Luke 6:25-26  (Read 745 times)

clark thompson

Luke 6:25-26
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:02:50 am »
Luke 6:25-26King James Version (KJV)
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible
Luke 6:25-26
6:25 Woe to you who are full, for you shall hunger. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
6:26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for these things their fathers did to the false prophets.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

25 We should be more concerned with be filled with the Spirit and the Word then anything this life could bring us because both last eternally. God fills our spiritually hunger. This is not saying God will make us sad but will make us see that we have so much more to be thankful for that we react in a different way.

26 Men speaking good of us is not always good because this world hates the light and for them to say good about us most likely means we are not walking in the light.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Luke 6:25-26
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »
Hello CT,

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Our Lord is consistent with his teachings and has continually warned us that the world will persecute us. So it stands to reason that if people are speaking well of you then you may be living a lifestyle that makes them believe that you are part of the world that they worship.

Luke 21:12 NAS

12 "But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this * the world hates you. 20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.

ZLaw

Moss

Re: Luke 6:25-26
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:54:16 am »
Verse 26

Are we here to please man, or make friends of the world?
God said This Is My Son Whom I Am Well Pleased, and those that heard Him crucified Him .