Author Topic: O ye of little faith, in repentance and rest you will be saved.  (Read 922 times)

biblebuf

O ye of little faith, in repentance and rest you will be saved.
« on: January 13, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »

O ye of little faith, in repentance and rest you will be saved.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Isa. 26:3 )
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. (Psa. 55:22 ) Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. (Isa. 12:2 )
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. (Matt. 8:26 )  And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him. (Luke 8:25) But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?(Mat 14:30.31) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.(Phil. 4:6, 7 )  Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? (Matthew 16-8) For thus the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said, "In repentance and rest you will be saved, In quietness and trust is your strength." But you were not willing, (Isa. 30:15 )
And the work of righteousness will be peace, And the service of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever. (Isa. 32:17 ) "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. (John 14:27 ) Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come. (Rev. 1:4 ).

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; (Romans 4:20)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:38:52 pm by biblebuf »

macuser

Re: O ye of little faith, in repentance and rest you will be saved.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 12:13:53 am »
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension

Amen 🙏

Fat

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:27:41 pm »
Have you ever noticed that people that you know are good Christians have it sometime in their life question their own faith? I remember how the world was astounded when Sr. Teresa said it at times she believed that she had Lost her faith. It is only human nature I assume for man to succumb to the pressures of the world and have moments of doubt, especially during tragic times such as the loss of a child, even the apostles wavered in their faith. This is why we must pray, asking God to give us a strong secure faith, because he is the only one that has the authority and the power to hold out against the powers of this world. Don't take it upon yourself to fight this battle, you have a great weapon in the word of God that can keep your mind and soul at peace while you are here on earth.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:14:22 pm »
Have you ever noticed that people that you know are good Christians have it sometime in their life question their own faith? I remember how the world was astounded when Sr. Teresa said it at times she believed that she had Lost her faith. It is only human nature I assume for man to succumb to the pressures of the world and have moments of doubt, especially during tragic times such as the loss of a child, even the apostles wavered in their faith. This is why we must pray, asking God to give us a strong secure faith, because he is the only one that has the authority and the power to hold out against the powers of this world. Don't take it upon yourself to fight this battle, you have a great weapon in the word of God that can keep your mind and soul at peace while you are here on earth.

I don't believe you can never lose your faith, but I do believe that you can doubt your faith. What you're actually doing is doubting yourself and the power of our Lord. I have seen good Christians become angry at the way their lives are going, especially after losing a loved one. The old question how could God let this happen, is brought up against their beliefs. But this is a tactic of Satan and he is used it from the foundation of this earth and he will continue to use it. God will test us through many different kinds of tribulations but he will never let us fall away. You ask yourself then why does a test us, is my opinion that he wants to make a stronger not weaker in our faith.
BB