Author Topic: I WILL MAKE A NEW EVERLASTING COVENANT  (Read 1164 times)

biblebuf

I WILL MAKE A NEW EVERLASTING COVENANT
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:21:46 pm »

I WILL MAKE A NEW EVERLASTING COVENANT

THE OLD COVENANT

Thus saith the Lord; I remember the loyalty of your youth,
your love as a bride —how you followed Me in the wilderness,
in a land not sown. (Jer. 2:2 ) I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant. (Ezek. 16:60 ) For this is what the Lord says: “When 70 years for Babylon are complete, I will attend to you and will confirm My promise concerning you to restore you to this place. For I know the plans I have for you” — this is the Lord’s declaration — “plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:10, 11 )
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa. 55:9 ) However, if I were you, I would appeal to God and would present my case to Him. He does great and unsearchable things, wonders without number. (Job. 5:8, 9 ) Lord my God, You have done many things —Your wonderful works and Your plans for us; none can compare with You. If I were to report and speak of them, they are more than can be told. (Psa. 40:5 ) Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. (Leviticus 26:42) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Ezekiel 37:26-27)

PROMISE OF NEW COVENANT

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. (Isaiah 55:3)  "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.
 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
(Jeremiah 31:31-34)   

THE NEW COVENANT FULFILLED

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. (Hebrews 12:24)  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, (Hebrews 13:20)

macuser

Re: I WILL MAKE A NEW EVERLASTING COVENANT
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:40:15 am »
It's astonishing how the bible that was written over 4000 years is so accurate in its predictions and coordinated as if it was written by one author - oh wait it was  8)

Hal

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:04:36 am »

Some have told me that there is a third covenant and it was a curse to Satan.

Gen 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

Fat

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:59 am »
Some have told me that there is a third covenant and it was a curse to Satan.

Gen 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

Is a curse covering it?