Author Topic: The predictions about the details of the crucifixion of Christ  (Read 2866 times)

Fat

The predictions about the details of the crucifixion of Christ were foretold centuries before they were fulfilled. They were fulfilled with amazing precision.
1.      That He was going to be betrayed by a close friend (Ps. 41:9 ).
2.      That His disciples were going to forsake Him (Ps. 31:11 ).
3.      That He was going to be falsely accused (Ps. 35:11 ).
4.      That He was going to maintain silence before His judges (Isa. 53:7 ).
5.      That He was going to be proven guiltless (Isa. 53:9 ).
6.      That He was going to be numbered with the transgressors and thieves (Isa. 53:12 ).
7.      That He was going to die by crucifixion (Ps. 22:16 ).
8.      That He was going to be made fun of by the spectators (Ps. 109:25 ).
9.      That He was going to be made fun of for not being rescued by God (Ps. 22:7 , 8 ).
10.      That they were going to gamble for His garments (Ps. 22:18 ).
11.      That He was going to pray for His enemies (Isa. 53:12 ).
12.      That He was going to be forsaken by God (Ps. 22:1 ).
13.      That He was going to be physically thirsty (Ps. 69:21 ).
14.      That He was going to yield His spirit into the hands of the Father (Ps. 31:5 ).
15.      That His bones were not going to be broken (Ps. 34:20 ).
16.      That He was going to be buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isa. 53:9 ).

biblebuf

Re: The predictions about the details of the crucifixion of Christ
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »
Amazing isn't it :)

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 11:38:25 pm »
These predictions are just about the crucifixion, think of all the other predictions about Christ that came to be true. Everything from the virgin birth to the donkey He wrote through the street.

jb

fredjames

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »
Amazing Grace!

GOD HIMSELF became man in the flesh and dwelt among us, as JESUS of Nazareth, who was proclaimed the MESSIAH to come for Israel, foretold by the Prophets 800 BC ago, and all of the predictions have come to pass in His lifetime by 33 AD.   

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:04:54 am »
Amazing Grace!

GOD HIMSELF became man in the flesh and dwelt among us, as JESUS of Nazareth, who was proclaimed the MESSIAH to come for Israel, foretold by the Prophets 800 BC ago, and all of the predictions have come to pass in His lifetime by 33 AD.

It always has amazed me that the Jews couldn't see it with all their knowledge of the Old Testament. Come to think of it I don't even believe Satan understood because he was instrumental, working through Judas, and seeing that the crucifixion took place. God's work is so Amazing.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 12:29:08 pm »
It always has amazed me that the Jews couldn't see it with all their knowledge of the Old Testament. Come to think of it I don't even believe Satan understood because he was instrumental, working through Judas, and seeing that the crucifixion took place. God's work is so Amazing.

It is to our advantage that they didn’t see.

“But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.”
Romans‬ 11:17-18‬ NASB‬‬

fredjames

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »

Exactly!

As the Scripture quote that if they knew who He was, they wouldn't have had Him crucified.

(WYC) 1 Corinthians 2:

4. and my word and my preaching was not in subtly stirring words  of man's wisdom, but in showing of SPIRIT and of virtue;
5. that your faith be not in the wisdom of men, but in the virtue of GOD.
6. For we speak wisdom among perfect men, but not wisdom of this world, neither of princes of this world, that be destroyed,
7. but we speak the wisdom of GOD in mystery, which wisdom is hid, which wisdom GOD before-ordained before worlds into our glory [the which GOD before-ordained before worlds into our glory],
8. which none of the princes of this world knew, for if they had known, they should never have crucified the LORD of Glory.
9. But as it is written, That eye saw not, nor ear heard, neither it ascended into the heart of man, what things GOD arrayed to them that loved HIM [what things GOD made ready before to them that love HIM];
10. but GOD showed to us by HIS SPIRIT. For why the SPIRIT searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of GOD.

fredjames

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 08:39:29 pm »
It is to our advantage that they didn’t see.

“But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.”
Romans‬ 11:17-18‬ NASB‬‬

Amen.

And, brethren, as Apostle Paul reveals to us as well the mystery he received, that 'All Israel', the house of Jacob, will be saved. They will not be saved by the Gospel, since in regard they are enemies of GOD. But they will be saved due to election, for their forefathers' sake.

(WYC) Romans 11:

25. But, brethren, I will not that ye not know this mystery, that ye be not wise to yourselves; for blindness hath fallen a part in Israel, till that the plenty of heathen men entered, [Forsooth, brethren, I will not that ye unknow this mystery, that ye be not wise to yourselves, for blindness hath felled of part in Israel, till the plenty of heathen men entered,]
26. and so all Israel should be made safe. As it is written, He shall come of Sion, that shall deliver, and turn away the wickedness of Jacob [and turn away the unpiety of Jacob].
27. And this testament to them of Me, when I shall do away their sins.
28. After the Gospel they be enemies for You, but they be most dear-worthy by the election [after the election] for the fathers.
29. And the gifts and the calling of GOD be without repenting. [Soothly the gifts and calling of GOD be without repenting.]
30. And as sometime also ye believed not to GOD, but now ye have gotten mercy for the unbelief of them;
31. so and these now believed not into your mercy [so and these now believed not to your mercy], that also they get mercy.
32. For GOD closed all things together in unbelief [Forsooth GOD closed together all things in unbelief], that HE have mercy on all.
33. O! the highness of the riches of the wisdom and of the knowing of GOD, how incomprehensible be HIS dooms, and HIS ways be unsearchable. [O! the depth of the riches of wisdom and knowing of GOD, how incomprehensible be HIS dooms, and HIS ways unsearchable.]
34. For why who knew the wit of the LORD, or who was HIS counsellor?
35. or who former gave to HIM, and it shall be requited [again] to him?
36. For of HIM, and by HIM, and in HIM be all things. To HIM be GLORY into worlds [of worlds]. Amen.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:41:47 pm by fredjames »