Author Topic: Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him  (Read 659 times)

biblebuf

Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him
« on: February 18, 2017, 11:54:34 pm »
Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him

Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.. (Psa. 27:14 ) "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  (Matt. 11:28 )
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to [him who] lacks might He increases power. (Isa. 40:28, 29 ) 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' (Isa. 41:10 ) For You have been a defense for the helpless, A defense for the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; For the breath of the ruthless Is like a [rain] storm [against] a wall. (Isa. 25:4 )
The trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (Jas. 1:3, 4 ) Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. (Heb. 10:35, 36 )
 Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. (Psa. 37:7 ) For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. (Heb. 4:10 )
Be not carried about with divers and strange teachings. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace. (Heb. 13:9 ) As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all [aspects] into Him who is the head, [even] Christ, (Eph. 4:14, 15 )
"Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, So is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, And his fruit was sweet to my taste. "He has brought me to [his] banquet hall, And his banner over me is love. (Song 2:3, 4 )