Author Topic: God's revelations to man.  (Read 1502 times)

JB Horn

God's revelations to man.
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:58:26 pm »
God's revelations to man.
 Even before we start here I think that we might give a little definition of what a revelation is. I'm going to define it as a disclosure of God's nature or God's being or God's will by God. The unveiling of God to man. When discussing God's revelations to man I think that there are two categories one being a general category, and this is something that God would make to all men. For instance we see this in the Scriptures in Genesis 1, where God discloses his existence and the fact that He is the Creator of all things. But I think it goes even farther than the Scriptures I think that we can see that God has in fact reveal Himself or His existence to those who've never heard of scriptures before. We can look at tribes from back in the dark ages and begin of times and that includes Biblical times where societies have worshiped a creator or a supreme being. That being may have been the moon or a statue or a monkey whatever. But all the societies and that includes all around the world all knew, they had the knowledge of, the existence of a supreme being and creator.

The other revelation category would be a specific category specific revelation. We see this in the Scriptures in Matthew 16:16 where Christ asked Peter who he thought He was and then Christ explained that only the Father could have given him that information and he was blessed for having that revelation. We see that the Gospel is available to anybody who wants to read it and many people have heard the Gospel but that the gospel itself has not been revealed to those people. We see this in John 6 where Christ explains that the Father will teach who chooses to of the gospel and to those that are taught will come to Christ. The Gospel could be in a general form where everybody could hear it but then again it's true nature and believe would be a revelation in the specific type form. I believe we can also see Revelation in some of the covenants. Because some of the covenants actually have a prediction in them and they show God's nature and his plans for his people. And like the Bible none of the revelations made available to us will contradict each other if they are true. Nor will they contradict the Bible which in itself is in fact a revelation. One revelation that all of us Christians have in common is that we are sinners and this revelation and brought us to our knees in repentance. Scriptures tell us that the Gentiles have  the law written on their hearts, would this not be a revelation?

JB

Fat

Re: God's revelations to man.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:58:57 pm »
Some times, when everything seems to be going wrong, a feeling of peace comes over me and I know God is saying relax I'm in control.

Frank T

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 04:32:08 pm »
I believe that man is the only animal that knows there is a creator. I believe JB is correct that no matter where you go in the world you find people believing that there is a creator. Of course they cannot agree on who that creator is or even what form of a being he may be.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:45:18 pm »
I believe that man is the only animal that knows there is a creator. I believe JB is correct that no matter where you go in the world you find people believing that there is a creator. Of course they cannot agree on who that creator is or even what form of a being he may be.

LOL, you can’t even get them to agree the Creator is a “He”.