Author Topic: Humanism as a Religion, and Why it Matter  (Read 1003 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Humanism as a Religion, and Why it Matter
« on: March 11, 2017, 06:23:29 pm »

Humanism as a Religion, and Why it Matters

March 11, 2017

Kevin Hadsall

Have you ever heard somebody say “I’m not religious, I’m an atheist/agnostic”?  On the contrary, atheism and agnosticism are subsets of Humanism, which can certainly be classified as a religion.  As noted in the American Humanist Association’s (AHA) list of possible definitions for Humanism,

“Humanism is a philosophy, worldview, or lifestance based on naturalism—the conviction that the universe or nature is all that exists or is real. Humanism serves, for many humanists, some of the psychological and social functions of a religion, but without belief in deities, transcendental entities, miracles, life after death, and the supernatural.”

In regards to morality, one definition offered by the AHA says,

“Humanism is an approach to life based on reason and our common humanity, recognizing that moral values are properly founded on human nature and experience alone.”

While other religions look to the authority of God, gods, and associated sacred texts to define right and wrong, Humanism establishes human opinion as its moral authority.  Therefore, Humanism essentially becomes the “catch-all” for individuals who claim to be “nonreligious.” Read my “Presuppositions” tab to learn more.

https://www.unmaskinghumanism.org/single-post/2017/03/11/Humanism-as-a-Religion-and-Why-it-Matters

The author makes a few good points in this article, I suggest you read it. One, he shows that the Supreme Court has determined that Humanism is a religion. If you look at the definition of humanism you see that there are many groups in our society that claim their bases as Humanism. We hear that the LGBT and even evolutionary's look back at humanism as a basis for their moral authority. So why is it that these philosophies and ideas can be taught in the public school but Christianity can't? Is it that only certain religions can constitutionally be taught in our public school systems, such as humanism and Islam?

ZLaw

Fat

Re: Humanism as a Religion, and Why it Matter
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:35 am »
Anything can be taught in public schools except Christianity.
This is a great argument to get all this other junk out of our school system. That includes unproven science like global warming and  Darwinism.

His
Fat

Hal

Re: Humanism as a Religion, and Why it Matter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:12:56 am »
Fat
You're absolutely right this is all about trying to drowned out the gospel, the truth, from being heard by American's children. There are no problems in any of American schools to teach and explore any other religion. Christianity is the only religion which cannot be discussed in the classroom, you never see that with Muslims or Buddhist, this is why I'm so convinced that the Christian gospel is the truth. But we should not be surprised in what we're seeing in today's world, after all Christ told us this is exactly what would happen.