Author Topic: Because they are not of the world  (Read 1609 times)

biblebuf

Because they are not of the world
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:15:21 am »
All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. (2 Tim. 3:12 )
I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. (Matt. 10:35 , 36 ) Whosoever … will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. (Jas. 4:4 ) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:15 , 16 )
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. The servant is not greater than his lord. (John 15:18-20 ) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (John 17:14 )

Moss

Re: Because they are not of the world
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:05:32 am »
Matthew 6:19 "Don't collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don't break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. So if the light within you is darkness-how deep is that darkness! 24 "No one can be a slave of two masters, since either he will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot be slaves of God and of money.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Because they are not of the world
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 12:45:42 pm »
And it is so as it was.
1 thess 3:4 For indeed when we were with you, we kept telling you in advance that we were going to suffer affliction ; and so it came to pass, as you know.

Acts 20:22  "And now, behold, bound by the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there , 23 except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.