Author Topic: Repent ye, and believe the gospel.  (Read 788 times)

biblebuf

Repent ye, and believe the gospel.
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:39:50 pm »
Repent ye, and believe the gospel.

2 Chr 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jer 7:3 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.

Matt 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Jer 26:3  'Perhaps they will listen and everyone will turn from his evil way, that I may repent of the calamity which I am planning to do to them because of the evil of their deeds.'

Hos 14:2,3 Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to Him, "Take away all iniquity And receive [us] graciously, That we may present the fruit of our lips. "Assyria will not save us, We will not ride on horses; Nor will we say again, 'Our god,' To the work of our hands; For in You the orphan finds mercy."

Amos 5:6  "Seek the LORD that you may live, Or He will break forth like a fire, O house of Joseph, And it will consume with none to quench [it] for Bethel,

Matt 3:2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Lev 26:40, 42 'If they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their forefathers, in their unfaithfulness which they committed against Me, and also in their acting with hostility against Me--then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and I will remember also My covenant with Isaac, and My covenant with Abraham as well, and I will remember the land.

Ezek 18:21-22  ”But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. "All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live.

Ezek 18:27, 28 ”Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life. "Because he considered and turned away from all his transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die

2 Sam 12:13. Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die.

Moss

Re: Repent ye, and believe the gospel.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:40:54 am »
A lot of people do not understand what the word "repent" means.

Quote from: Webster:
Definition of repent
intransitive verb
to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a :  to feel regret or contrition
b :  to change one's mind
transitive verb
:  to cause to feel regret or contrition
:  to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for