Author Topic: Luke 7:1-3  (Read 1104 times)

clark thompson

Luke 7:1-3
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:00 am »
Luke 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.
2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.
3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

Luke 7:1-3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

7 When Yeshua had finished speaking to the people, he went back to K’far-Nachum. 2 A Roman army officer there had a servant he regarded highly, who was sick to the point of death. 3 Hearing about Yeshua, the officer sent some Jewish elders to him with the request that he come and heal his servant.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Jesus finished speaking and then moved where God wanted Him. Sometimes we are to stop and share the gospel but then come a time for us to get up and move on with what God wants us to further do.

2 It mentions the slave being dear to him to show that he didn’t just want the slave to be healed so he can could have the slave serve but because he cared for the slave, intent of the heart always matters to the Lord.

3 So He looked to Jesus for healing often times today with everything we have access to Jesus sadly becomes the last place we go but He should always be first and if we see doctors for health or someone else for something else then going to Him first then His hand will be thru it all and if nothing changes then He will stand by us the whole way as we need Him to.

Hal

Re: Luke 7:1-3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »

The real story here is that this Roman centurion was a believer in Christ, and a man of great faith. As we later find out he helped the Jews built us their synagogue. But I'm getting ahead of Clark, my BAD.

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:24 am »
 Something Note worthy here is that the Jewish elders went to Christ, this was acknowledging His authority over the sick, and His ability to heal.

JB

Hal

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:41:56 am »
Something Note worthy here is that the Jewish elders went to Christ, this was acknowledging His authority over the sick, and His ability to heal.

JB

At this timeline most of Christ followers were Jews, however not many of them were in the leadership. At lease that is the way I understand it.