Author Topic: Luke 7:8-10  (Read 772 times)

clark thompson

Luke 7:8-10
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:57:01 am »
Luke 7:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

Luke 7:8-10 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

8 For I too am a man set under authority. I have soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” 9 Yeshua was astonished at him when he heard this; and he turned and said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Isra’el have I found such trust!” 10 When the messengers got back to the officer’s house, they found the servant in good health.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 This centurion understood that Jesus’ word carried power and that also He was a busy man. This man had enough faith to believe that if Jesus just spoke it his servant would be healed, he wasn’t trying to prevent Jesus from going to his home, just believed that He didn’t have to for his servant to be healed.

9 Most of Israel at this point was living in faith by the signs they saw, this man knew the signs would happen because of the truth of His word. The Word is most important and we are to have faith in Him and His word, then the signs will be made clear to us by faith.

10 Jesus brought healing, if we have faith we will have all the healing we need, if we still remain sick we have Him waiting for us in glory.

macuser

Re: Luke 7:8-10
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:44:18 pm »
This is an example of why we should, as faithful Christians, pray for the sick. Don't let anyone tell you that prayer never does any good. There are times when the answer to prayer is no because God has other plans which we don't understand. This does not mean that prayers are not heard and answered according to our faith.

biblebuf

Re: Luke 7:8-10
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:28:18 pm »
Matthew 17:20 NAS
And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.