Author Topic: No Worries - Quotable Spurgeon  (Read 786 times)

Moss

No Worries - Quotable Spurgeon
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:07:48 am »
No Worries

Quotable Spurgeon

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
1 John 3:1

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?… See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry.” Matthew 6:26 , 28-31
“One of my hearers had seven children who had come in rapid succession. He was hard-working and well spoken of. His children were all asleep when I went to visit him, and as I expressed the pleasure the sight of their peaceful little faces gave me, the father said, ‘Yes, these are fine times for them; they don’t need to take any thought for themselves.’
“On the following Sunday the man was in church. I spoke of the happy state of children, exempt from care as they were, and went on to say that believers were the children of God, that the Lord had commanded them to be careful for nothing, and promised that he would care for them. The man understood me, and it evidently pleased him to hear his expression repeated from the pulpit.”
Büchsel

Fat

Re: No Worries - Quotable Spurgeon
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 10:54:43 am »
He tells us that all things work for the good of the believers.  When it involves death or sickness or maybe financial   Disaster we cannot understand that. We can't see how these trials are good for us until after they are long past.