Author Topic: Be Clothed With Salvation  (Read 850 times)

biblebuf

Be Clothed With Salvation
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:01:28 am »
Be Clothed With Salvation

He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, "Remove the filthy garments from him." Again he said to him, "See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes." (Zech. 3:4 )
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. (Psa. 32:1 ) For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. (Isa. 64:6 ) For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good [is] not.  (Rom. 7:18 )
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. (Gal. 3:27 ) Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its [evil] practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--. (Col. 3:9, 10 )  and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from [the] Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which [comes] from God on the basis of faith,. (Phil. 3:9 )
"But the father said to his slaves, 'Quickly bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet; (Luke 15:22 ) It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright [and] clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. (Rev. 19:8 )  I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (Isa. 61:10 ) Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness. ( 2 Chronicles 6:41 )

macuser

Re: Be Clothed With Salvation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:23:15 am »
Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its [evil] practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--. (Col. 3:9, 10 )

This is not about a physical image but a spiritual image, a change of the clothing of the heart.