Author Topic: "It is finished! The work is done!"  (Read 681 times)

biblebuf

"It is finished! The work is done!"
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:34 am »
"It is finished! The work is done!"

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.(John 4:34)
Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. (John 19:30 ) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.(John 10:11)
 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.(Heb. 12:2 ) "I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. (John 17:4 ) By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. (Heb. 10:10-14 ) having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.(Col. 2:14 )
"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." (John 10:17, 18 ) "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. (John. 15:13 )So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb 9:28)

Moss

Re: "It is finished! The work is done!"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:49:17 am »
Amen! The work has been completed and the payment for the work is yours, if you choose to accept it.