Author Topic: Pastor: Actions of many Christians today would 'frighten Jesus'  (Read 1106 times)

Moss

Pastor: Actions of many Christians today would 'frighten Jesus'

I’m not a liberal, pro-LGBT advocate. I’m a conservative, evangelical Christian who is actually the senior pastor of a fairly large church in Pennsylvania. But I’m still reeling from last week, peeved and grieved about two things: how the president is handling the transgender military issue, and how many conservative, evangelical Christians are celebrating. I know there are many English translations of the Bible available today, including the KJV, NKJV, NIV, ESV and more – but it seems that the hands-down favorite of many of too many conservative, evangelical Christians has become the RSV – the Reversed Standard Version. I’m afraid many of us have reversed what the Bible teaches, and someone on the inside needs to say so loud and clear. 
There is nothing courageous, humble or gracious about the behavior of our president or many conservative, evangelicals these days – and it frightens me big time. If it were possible, I think it would frighten Jesus.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/06/pastor-actions-many-christians-today-would-frighten-jesus.html

Moss

Re: Pastor: Actions of many Christians today would 'frighten Jesus'
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:11:24 pm »

“We wonder why people are turned off by Christianity. “

Really?

Joh 15:18  (KJV)
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Matthew 5:11   (KJV)
11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 10:22   (KJV)
22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:9   (KJV)
9  Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mark 13:13   (KJV)
13  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 6:22   (KJV)
22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

James 4:4   (KJV)
4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 3:13   (KJV)
13  Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

What I see by your big church, with your great attendance is that you are popular and not hated BLESSED BE THE POPULAR.