Author Topic: In the Palace of His Infinite Goodness  (Read 737 times)

macuser

In the Palace of His Infinite Goodness
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:14:18 pm »

In the Palace of His Infinite Goodness

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:1-4

I remember being taken one day to see a gorgeous palace at Venice, where every piece of furniture was made with most exquisite taste and of the richest material, where statues and pictures of enormous price abounded on all hands, and the floor of each room was paved with mosaics of marvelous art and extraordinary value. As I was shown from room to room and allowed to roam amid the treasures by its courteous owner, I felt a considerable timidity. I was afraid to sit anywhere, nor did I hardly dare to put my foot down, or rest my hand to lean. Everything seemed to be too good for ordinary mortals like myself. But when one is introduced into the gorgeous palace of infinite goodness, costlier and fairer far, one gazes wonderingly with reverential awe at the matchless vision. “How excellent is your lovingkindness, Oh God! I am not worthy of the least of your benefits. Oh, the depths of the love and goodness of the Lord.”

Fat

Re: In the Palace of His Infinite Goodness
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:27:44 pm »
The major problem here is, that as humans there is no possible way for comparison.
A palace indefinite goodness
WOW!

macuser

Re: In the Palace of His Infinite Goodness
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:04:22 pm »
Fat

Yeah, i thank that it is impossible for us humans to comprehend a place without sin. Imagine no hate, greed, pride or any kind of deceit, I can't.