Author Topic: Does God give revelations to His people today?  (Read 1901 times)

macuser

Does God give revelations to His people today?
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:01 am »
Archbishop William Temple, in a famous essay on revelations, exclaimed, "The dominant problem of contemporary religious thought is the problem of revelations. Is there such a thing at all? If there is, what is its mode and form? Is it discoverable in all existing things or only in some? If in some, then in which, and by what principle these selected via what vehicle? Where is it found were believed to be found? What is his authority?"

The question I put you how does God make Himself known to the creation? Does God's creation today received his revelations? How does God let his people know of these communications?

biblebuf

Re: Does God give revelations to His people today?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:31:05 am »
All the answers you need are in the Scriptures. If you hear a prophecy that is not supported in the Word it is not from God. If you pray and you receive what you think is from God and it is in any way counter to the teachings of the Word, it is not from God.

Hal

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »
Would you consider a call to missions or other activity for Christ a revelation? I think it is and I would agree that it would have to be consistent with Scripture.

Moss

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:01:26 am »
Christ answered that question when He explained the purpose of sending the Holy Ghost. The problem that exist is to know who is speaking to you because you can hear Satan as well as the Spirit. I'm with the rest of you and would agree that it would have to be consistent with Scripture.

JB Horn

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:48:56 pm »
I see one theme in all your post and that is Scriptures. The revelations that we get today are more for our personal life and not a Daniel or John type of coming events. God will lead you on the path He wants you to take but He most likely does not make known the what lays ahead of you.

Moss

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 07:16:28 am »
Acts 2:16-17

16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,

That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;

Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Your young men shall see visions,

Your old men shall dream dreams.

Fat

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 01:06:08 pm »
I believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to us about our own path. We get calling and direction from Him.