Author Topic: Luke 7:14-17  (Read 692 times)

clark thompson

Luke 7:14-17
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:09 am »
Luke 7:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.
16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.
17 And this rumour of him went forth throughout all Judaea, and throughout all the region round about.

Luke 7:14-17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

14 Then he came close and touched the coffin, and the pallbearers halted. He said, “Young man, I say to you: get up!” 15 The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Yeshua gave him to his mother. 16 They were all filled with awe and gave glory to God, saying, “A great prophet has appeared among us,” and, “God has come to help his people.” 17 This report about him spread throughout all Y’hudah and the surrounding countryside.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 So he touched the casket, this wasn’t done by Jews who weren’t carrying the ark because it would make them unclean. Jesus did this knowing He was going to rise this young man from the dead. Touching the casket got their attention, it isn’t said whether it was because he touched the casket, stood in their way, or whether they knew this was Jesus but they stopped in their tracks. When Jesus comes into our life we should stop in our tracks because we are to start walking in His.

15-16 The man speaking, this had to have been a joyous happening but had to have been scary at first seeing a man come out of the casket and speak. God’s work can often scare people. They were fearful but they let this fear motivate their worship for the Lord. Worship out of fear fades quickly, we need to worship by fear thru love. The love makes the worship more then just a reaction.

17 So the news got out again, word travels, it may have taken longer then but it still traveled then, people would have wanted to come and see Jesus because of this. Does what we share make others want to come to Jesus?

JB Horn

Re: Luke 7:14-17
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:04:17 am »
Do you believe without seeing the miracles?

“Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."”
John‬ 20:29‬ NASB‬‬

Fat

Re: Luke 7:14-17
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:47:31 am »
Luke 7:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

Matthew 1:23
“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).