Author Topic: Is God is too nice or loving to judge or do something harsh?  (Read 1765 times)

JB Horn

Is God is too nice or loving to judge or do something harsh?
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:42:31 pm »
I ran across this post on another board and thought I would like to see the thoughts from you guys (get this question all the time, "If God is so loving why doesn't He stop all the pain and starvation in the world?")

Quote from: MercyandFaith
I often hear this theology promoted by some people that "God is too nice or loving to do such a judging or harsh thing" (in reference to some form of judgement or harsh thing happening).

My question is:
Considering that God once ordered the Israelites to commit genocide of the Amalekites, and stated in Scripture that people will go to hell (or the lake of fire) should they die unsaved, and once ordered the Israelites to stone their rebellious sons to death.............How exactly can you say, "God is too nice or loving to judge or do something harsh?" If He's already shown Himself capable of ordering genocide, ordering parents to stone rebellious sons to death, etc., why COULDN'T He do something harsh or judgmental?

Fat

Re: Is God is too nice or loving to judge or do something harsh?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:57:06 am »
Yah yes- if there is a god why does he let there be so much pain and death in the world?

I would respond with- if god is righteous why is not all of humanity under condemnation for their sins? I’ll give you a hint, they are. This is the whole reason we need the work Christ did on the cross.

Moss

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:31 pm »
"God is too nice or loving to do such a judging or harsh thing"

What does God fearing mean?

Deut 8:6 So keep the commands of the Lord your God by walking in His ways and fearing Him.

Jn 9:31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He listens to him.

Acts 10:22 They said, “Cornelius, a centurion, an upright and God-fearing man, who has a good reputation with the whole Jewish nation, was divinely directed by a holy angel to call you to his house and to hear a message from you.”
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:12:57 pm by Moss »

Iconoclast

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:27:33 pm »
Here is the biblical God;
Deut32;

35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

36 For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.