Author Topic: KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS  (Read 851 times)

biblebuf

KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:05 am »
KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Jeremiah 23:5, 6 (NAS)

5 "Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I will raise up for David a righteous BRANCH; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land. 6 "In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely; And this is His name by which He will be called, 'The LORD our righteousness.'

Isaiah 4:2   (KJV)

2  In that day shall the BRANCH of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isaiah 11:1-5   (KJV)

11:1  And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a BRANCH shall grow out of his roots:
2  And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3  And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4  But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5  And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Isaiah 53:2   (KJV)

2  For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Ezekiel 17:22-23   (KJV)

22  Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest BRANCH of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:
23  In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.

Zechariah 3:8   (KJV)

8  Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

Zechariah 6:12-13   (KJV)

12  And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13  Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Fat

Re: KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:22:02 am »
A lot of people believe that the use of the word Branch refers to the gentle church , but that is not so it refers to the Christ.
When Paul used it he was referring to the gentle.

biblebuf

Re: KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 02:50:21 pm »
A lot of people believe that the use of the word Branch refers to the gentle church , but that is not so it refers to the Christ.
When Paul used it he was referring to the gentle.

True and it stands out in these passages it couldn't mean anything else.
righteous BRANCH; And He will reign