Author Topic: Methodist Minister: I Help Women Get Abortions...Because I’m a Christian  (Read 932 times)

Fat

Methodist Minister: I Help Women Get Abortions at Planned Parenthood Because I’m a Christian

Emma Akpan is a faith leader at her North Carolina African Methodist Episcopal Church. She also volunteers for Planned Parenthood.

Akpan wrote a column for Bustle this week trying to justify her abortion advocacy with her Christian faith by claiming that she wants to end violence against women. Akpan described herself a minister at her church.

“I am a clinic greeter because of my faith, which teaches me how important it is to provide care for my community,” the Raleigh, North Carolina, woman wrote. “For me, that means ensuring that women have safe access to their health care facilities.”

Akpan, an African American, honed in on violence against the African American community, churches and women. However, she failed to acknowledge one of the greatest violences against black lives – abortion – and the work pro-lifers are doing to peacefully end that violence. Akpan admitted that the pro-lifers who protest outside her local abortion clinic are very peaceful, but she still attempted to paint them as violent and hateful.

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/12/17/methodist-minister-i-help-women-get-abortions-at-planned-parenthood-because-im-a-christian/