Author Topic: Salvation is not of works  (Read 7549 times)

fredjames

Re: Salvation is not of works
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 01:31:18 am »
Salvation is not of works.

Does this doctrine lead to problems?

Ephesians 2:4-14
4 But God, who is abundant in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, 5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses. By grace you are saved! 6 He also raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavens, in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace in [His] kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift- 9 not from works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are His creation-created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them.

But on the other hand.

James 2:18
But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works.

Hello brethren, sorry i was held back, and now have found opportunity to connect back with you in fellowship with the Word in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST...... And blessed birthday greetings to our LORD and God Savior, JESUS CHRIST, who came from the FATHER. And for His birth brought Glad Tidings from above and peace to everyone on earth, and died for their Salvation, therefore by far they should ever face the wrath and judgement of GOD....

Now, in regards to this topic brethren, i will explain as plain as possible, since you mostly already have the Scripture knowledge.... And What Apostle Paul says about, 'Salvation come or gained is not of works', is one thing... And what James says that, 'faith alone without any works is alone and dead', is another.

For example, when i was an unbeliever, i did not do anything right in order to please this only one true GOD of Israel, whom i did not even know in the first place. But solely only through the free gift of GOD bestowed upon me, 'that is by grace and through faith' i have come, that anyone who just believe and have faith, one could possibly come into His Kingdom spiritually. Nor from today onward, let's start doing something good and give money in order to earn them...

But what was James trying to say is about what happens after that, since we all have already come in by the free gift of GOD, by grace and through faith into HIS Kingdom. And therefore we are now the church and are Christians...., as the 'light' and 'salt' of the earth. Henceforth, shall we remain 'idle' in faith alone without any works, and justified righteousness......?

For example as quote the Apostle himself, therefore when a brethren is in need, do we merely bid him in faith, 'all goes well for you.' ? Or in faith do works in help to provide for the brethren instead....?

May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST bless you with HIS kindness and peace...