Author Topic: 'SALVATION'  (Read 2856 times)

fredjames

'SALVATION'
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:19:13 am »
Justification by not works according the Old Covenant, but by grace and through faith according to the Gospel of repentance is one thing....

Ephesians 2:

1. And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
2. in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience -
3. among whom we once lived in the passion of our flesh, carrying out the desire of the body and the mind, and by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
4. But GOD, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which HE loved us,
5. even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with CHRIST - by grace you have been saved -
6. and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the Heavenly places in CHRIST JESUS,
7. so that in the coming ages HE might show the immeasurable riches of HIS grace in kindness towards us in CHRIST JESUS.
8. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of GOD,
9. not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
10. For we are HIS workmanship, created in CHRIST JESUS for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

11. Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called the "uncircumcision" by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands -
12. remember that you were at that time separated from CHRIST, alienated from the common wealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without GOD in the world.
13. But now in CHRIST JESUS you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of CHRIST.
14. For He Himself is our peace, who has made us one and has broken down in His flesh the dividing wall of hostility,
15. by abolishing the law of the commandments and ordinances, that He might create in Himself one new man in the place of the two, so making peace,
16. and might reconcile us both to GOD in one body through the Cross, thereby killing the hostility.
17. And He came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near.
18. For through Him we both have access in one SPIRIT to the FATHER.
19. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of GOD,
20. built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, CHRIST JESUS Himself being the corner stone,
21. in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a Holy Temple in the LORD.
22. In Him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for GOD by the SPIRIT.      

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:33:35 am by fredjames »

fredjames

Re: 'SALVATION'
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:56:33 pm »
And,

John 1:

9. The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, yet the world did not know Him.
11. He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.
12. But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of GOD,
13. who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of GOD.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:37:15 am by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:05:54 am »
Matthew 3:

1. In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
2. "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."
3. For this is he who was spoken of[ by the Prophet Isaiah when he said,

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD; make His path straight.' "

4. Now John wore a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey.
5. Then Jerusalem and all Judea and all the region about the Jordan were going out to him,
6. and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
9. And do not presume to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father,' for I tell you, GOD is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.
10. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
11. I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with HOLY SPIRIT and with fire.
12. His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will clear His threshing floor and gather His wheat into the barn, but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire."   

fredjames

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:22:10 am »
Luke 3:

1. In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being Governor of Judea, and Herod being the tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene,
2. during the high priesthood of Annas and Chaiaphas, the word of GOD came to John the son of Zechariah in the wilderness.
3. And he went into all the region around the Jordan, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
4. As it is written the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet,

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD, make His path straight.
5. Every valley shall be filled, and very mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways,
6. and all flesh shall see the salvation of GOD.' " 
7. He said therefore to the crowds that came out to be baptize by him. "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you, GOD is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.
9. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."
10. And the crowds asked him, "What then shall we do?"
11. And he answered them, "Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise."
12. Tax collectors also came to be baptized and said to him, "Teacher, what shall we do?"
13. And he said to them, "Collect no more than you are authorized to do."
14. Soldiers also asked him, "And we, what shall we do?" And he said to them, "Do not extort money from anyone by treats or false accusation, and be content with your wages."
15. As the people were in expectation, and all were questioning in their hearts concerning John, whether he might be the CHRIST.
16. John answered them all, saying, "I baptize you with water, but He who is mightier than I is coming, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the HOLY SPIRIT and with fire.
17. His winnowing fork is in His hands, to clear His threshing floor and to gather the wheat into His barn, but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.
18. So with many other exhortations he preached good news to the people.
19. But Herod the tetrarch, who had been reproved by him for Herodias, his brother's wife, and for all the evil things that Herod had done,
20. added this to them all, that he locked up John in prison.
21. Now when all the people were baptized, and when JESUS also had been baptized and was praying, the Heavens were opened, and the HOLY SPIRIT descended on Him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from Heaven, "You are my beloved SON, with you I AM well pleased." 

Moss

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:44 am »
TORREY’S NEW TOPICAL TEXTBOOK
By R. A. Torrey

Salvation.
1.      Is of God. Ps 3:8; 37:39 ; Jer 3:23 .
2.      Is of the purpose of God. 2 Tim 1:9 .
3.      Is of the appointment of God. 1 Thes 5:9.
4.      God is willing to give. 1 Tim 2:4 .
5.      Is by Christ. Isa 63:9 ; Eph 5:23 .
6.      Is by Christ alone. Isa 45:21, 22; 59:16; Acts 4:12 .
7.      Announced after the fall. Gen 3:15 .
8.      Of Israel, predicted. Isa 35:4; 45:17 ; Zec 9:16 ; Rom 11:26 .
9.      Of the Gentiles, predicted. Isa 45:22; 49:6; 52:10 .
10.      Revealed in the gospel. Eph 1:13 ; 2 Tim 1:10 .
11.      Came to the Gentiles through the fall of the Jews. Rom 11:11 .
12.      Christ
a.      The Captain of. Heb 2:10 .
b.      The Author of. Heb 5:9 .
c.      Appointed for. Isa 49:6 .
d.      Raised up for. Luke 1:69 .
e.      Has. Zec 9:9 .
f.      Brings, with him. Isa 62:11 ; Luke 19:9 .
g.      Mighty to effect. Isa 63:1 ; Heb 7:25 .
h.      Came to effect. Mat 18:11; 1 Tim 1:15 .
i.      Died to effect. John 3:14, 15 ; Gal 1:4 .
j.      Exalted to give. Acts 5:31 .
13.      Is not by works. Rom 11:6 ; Eph 2:9 ; 2 Tim 1:9 ; Titus 3:5 .
14.      Is of grace. Eph 2:5, 8 ; 2 Tim 1:9 ; Titus 2:11 .
15.      Is of love. Rom 5:8 ; 1 John 4:9 , 10 .
16.      Is of mercy. Ps 6:4 ; Titus 3:5 .
17.      Is of the long-suffering of God. 2 Pet 3:15 .
18.      Is through faith in Christ. Mark 16:16 ; Acts 16:31 ; Rom 10:9 ; Eph 2:8 ; 1 Pet 1:5 .
19.      Reconciliation to God, a pledge of. Rom 5:10 .
20.      Is deliverance from
a.      Sin. Mat 1:21 ; 1 John 3:5 .
b.      Uncleanness. Eze 36:29 .
c.      The devil. Col 2:15 ; Heb 2:14 , 15 .
d.      Wrath. Rom 5:9 ; 1 Thes 1:10.
e.      This present evil world. Gal 1:4 .
f.      Enemies. Luke 1:71, 74 .
g.      Eternal death. John 3:16, 17 .
21.      Confession of Christ necessary to. Rom 10:10 .
22.      Regeneration necessary to. John 3:3 .
23.      Final perseverance necessary to. Mat 10:22 .
24.      Described as
a.      Great. Heb 2:3 .
b.      Glorious. 2 Tim 2:10 .
c.      Common. Jude 1:3 .
d.      From generation to generation. Isa 51:8 .
e.      To the uttermost. Heb 7:25 .
f.      Eternal. Isa 45:17; 51:6 ; Heb 5:9 .
25.      Searched into and exhibited by the prophets. 1 Pet 1:10 .
26.      The gospel is the power of God to. Rom 1:16 ; 1 Cor 1:18 .
27.      Preaching the word is the appointed means of. 1 Cor 1:21 .
28.      The Scriptures are able to make wise to. 2 Tim 3:15 ; Jas 1:21 .
29.      Now is the day of. Isa 49:8 ; 2 Cor 6:2 .
30.      From sin, to be worked out with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12 .
31.      Saints
a.      Chosen to. 2 Thes 2:13; 2 Tim 1:9 .
b.      Appointed to obtain. 1 Thes 5:9.
c.      Are heirs of. Heb 1:14 .
d.      Have, through grace. Acts 15:11 .
e.      Have a token of, in their patient suffering for Christ. Phil 1:28, 29 .
f.      Kept by the power of God to. 1 Pet 1:5 .
g.      Beautified with. Ps 149:4 .
h.      Clothed with. Isa 61:10 .
i.      Satisfied by. Luke 2:30 .
j.      Love. Ps 40:16 .
k.      Hope for. Lam 3:26 ; Rom 8:24 .
l.      Wait for. Gen 49:18 ; Lam 3:26 .
m.      Long for. Ps 119:81, 174 .
n.      Earnestly look for. Ps 119:123 .
o.      Daily approach nearer to. Rom 13:11 .
p.      Receive, as the end of their faith. 1 Pet 1:9 .
q.      Welcome the tidings of. Isa 52:7 ; Rom 10:15 .
r.      Pray to be visited with. Ps 85:7; 106:4; 119:41 .
s.      Pray for the assurance of. Ps 35:3 .
t.      Pray for a joyful sense of. Ps 51:12 .
u.      Evidence, by works. Heb 6:9, 10 .
v.      Ascribe, to God. Ps 25:5 ; Isa 12:2 .
w.      Praise God for. 1 Chr 16:23 ; Ps 96:2 .
x.      Commemorate, with thanks. Ps 116:12 .
y.      Rejoice in. Ps 9:14; 21:1 ; Isa 25:9 .
z.      Glory in. 1 Cor 1:31; Gal 6:14 .
A.      Declare. Ps 40:10; 71:15 .
32.      Godly sorrow works repentance to. 2 Cor 7:10 .
33.      All the earth shall see. Isa 52:10 ; Luke 3:6 .
34.      Ministers
a.      Give the knowledge of. Luke 1:77 .
b.      Show the way of. Acts 16:17 .
c.      Should exhort to. Eze 3:18, 19 ; Acts 2:40 .
d.      Should labour to lead others to. Rom 11:14 .
e.      Should be clothed in. 2 Chr 6:41 ; Ps 132:16 .
f.      Should use self-denial to lead others to. 1 Cor 9:22 .
g.      Should endure suffering that the elect may obtain. 2 Tim 2:10 .
h.      Are a sweet savour of Christ to God, in those who obtain. 2 Cor 2:15 .
35.      The heavenly host ascribe, to God. Rev 7:10; 19:1 .
36.      Sought in vain from
a.      Idols. Isa 45:20; Jer 2:28 .
b.      Earthly power. Jer 3:23 .
37.      No escape for those who neglect. Heb 2:3 .
38.      Is far off from the wicked. Ps 119:155; Isa 59:11 .
39.      Illustrated by
a.      A rock. Deut 32:15; 2 Sam 22:47; Ps 95:1 .
b.      A horn. Ps 18:2 ; Luke 1:69 .
c.      A tower. 2 Sam 22:51 .
d.      A helmet. Isa 59:17 ; Eph 6:17 .
e.      A shield. 2 Sam 22:36 .
f.      A lamp. Isa 62:1 .
g.      A cup. Ps 116:13 .
h.      Clothing. 2 Chr 6:41; Ps 132:16; 149:4; Isa 61:10 .
i.      Wells. Isa 12:3 .
j.      Walls and bulwarks. Isa 26:1; 60:18 .
k.      Chariots. Hab 3:8 .
l.      A victory. 1 Cor 15:57 .
40.   Typified. Num 21:4-9 ; John 3:14, 15 .
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:10:04 am by Moss »

fredjames

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 10:36:35 pm »
Ephesians 3:

1. For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for CHRIST JESUS on behalf of you Gentiles -
2. assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of GOD's grace that was given to me for you,
3. how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as i have written briefly.
4. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of CHRIST,
5. which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to His holy Apostles and Prophets by the SPIRIT.
6. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in CHRIST JESUS through the Gospel.
7. Of this Gospel I was made a minster according to the gift of GOD's grace, which was given me by the working of His power.
8. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of CHRIST,
9. and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in GOD who created all things,
10. so that through the church the manifold wisdom of GOD might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the Heavenly places.
11. This was according to the Eternal purpose that HE has realized in CHRIST JESUS our LORD, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him.
12. So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:44:02 pm by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:58 pm »
Therefore, no one is justified by their works in order to receive or be paid in wages, Salvation. Therefore henceforth they may 'see' or 'enter' the Kingdom of GOD in eligibility, and able to boast in testimony......

Romans 3:

9. What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
0. as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
11. no one understands; no one seeks for GOD.
12. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
13. "Their throat is an open grave; They use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
14. "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."

15. "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16. in their path are ruin and misery,
17. and the way of peace they have not known."
18. "There is no fear of GOD before their eyes."
19. Now we know that whatever the Law says it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to GOD.
20. For by the works of the Law no human being will be justified in HIS sight, since through the Law comes knowledge of sin.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:27:19 pm by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:50:39 pm »
19. Now we know that whatever the Law says it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to GOD.
20. For by the works of the Law no human being will be justified in HIS sight, since through the Law comes knowledge of sin.

Therefore the above is talking about 'unbelievers' (as we were in the past like them as Gentiles). The Jews (circumcised) on the other hand, have the Law of Moses and Prophets. And while the Greeks, likewise as referred to Gentiles (the uncircumcised), the non-Jews, show that the work of the Law, as quite similar of the Jews, is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bear witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them.

Romans 2:

12. For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judge by the Law.
13. For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before GOD, but the doers of the Law who will be justified.
14. For when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, by nature do what the Law requires. they are a Law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law.
15. They show that the work of the Law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bear witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them
16. on that day when, according to my gospel, GOD judges the secrets of men by CHRIST JESUS.

And so, by this we perceive that the 'unbelievers', the Jews and Gentiles likewise (those who have not been born again and from above, and through the Gospel by faith in CHRIST JESUS our LORD), initially have the Law to themselves, as their 'custodian'. Therefore by the works of these Law's requirements in righteousness doing, one is not justified before GOD.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:54:49 pm by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:20 am »
So, since the beginning and according to the Gospel, from the preaching of John the Baptist for the baptism of repentance and confession of all sins. And henceforth, from the teaching of JESUS of Nazareth with the Jews first from Israel (and then from them, a remnant chosen by grace, who forwarded them to the Gentiles of all nation, kindred and tongue, and made disciples of them), beginning from Matthew chapter 5, His sermon of the Word to the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT, and Fire on the day of Pentecost. There is no man, the Jews first (and then the Gentiles), are justified by their good works to receive Salvation.

It is merely by the Grace of GOD and the gift of GOD to man, that is by grace and through faith, they have come to 'see' and 'enter' the Kingdom of GOD, and believe in CHRIST JESUS of Nazareth, the SON of GOD, who came to take away the sins of the world. Until when and then, the price is paid on Calvary, the CHRIST proclaiming it as 'accomplished', and finally to the shedding of 'blood' and 'water', still they were not justified by works.

Until when the SON was 'resurrected' from the dead, prior to have disciple them since chosen and from the beginning, He now gives them the commission. Wherefore, through His similar teaching and good works consigned in them, they are to continue with, in the Acts of the Apostles with the abiding churches. And establish the same as well in wisdom, to further instructions through their 'epistles' to the churches repeatedly, and likewise consigned of good works too. Especially from many others, one in particular, where the act of good works towards one's brethren....

Therefore, there are good works commissioned by CHRIST JESUS our LORD after His resurrection and before His ascension. And too instructions through His Apostles in their epistles, consigned to the churches for order and oneness, who the Apostles built them up with Him and the HOLY SPIRIT, as they lay down their lives for the Kingdom of GOD and for us, with their MASTER as unworthy servants.

fredjames

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:24 am »
James 2:

14. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
15. If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
16. and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
17. So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18. But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you faith by my works.
19. You believe that GOD is one, you do well. Even the demons believe - and shudder!
20. Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the alter?
22. You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works, and faith was completed by his works;
23. and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed GOD, and it was counted to him as righteousness" - and he was called a friend of GOD.
24. You see a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
25. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she receive the messengers and sent them out by another way?
26. For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

fredjames

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 02:14:52 am »
From Matthew chapter 5 onward, JESUS was teaching the New Covenant 'law of faith' to those who have been baptized, and now believe in Him and followed him. And He said to them toward,

Matthew 7:

24. "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
27. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against the house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."

And,

John 8:

31. So JESUS said to the Jews who had believed in Him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
32. and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

And too,

John 15:

1. "I am the true vine, and my FATHER is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit HE takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit HE prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in Me he is thrown away like a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this My FATHER is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples.
9. As the FATHER has love Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My love.
10. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My FATHER's commandments and abide in HIS love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy my be in you, and that your joy may be full.
12. This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you.
13. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for His friends.
14. You are My friends if you do what I command you.
15. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not now what his Master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My FATHER I have made known to you.
16. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the FATHER in My name HE may give it to you.
17. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

fredjames

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:32:28 pm »
John 12:

44. And JESUS cried out and said, "Whoever believes in Me, believes not in Me but in HIM who sent Me.
45. And whoever sees Me sees HIM who sent Me.
46. I have come into the world as Light, so that whoever believes in Me may not remain in darkness.
47. If anyone hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him, for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48. The one who rejects Me and does not receive My words has a judge, the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.
49. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the FATHER who sent Me has HIMSELF given Me a commandment - what to say and what to speak.
50. And I know that HIS commandment is eternal life. What I say therefore, I say as the FATHER told Me."

fredjames

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:50:14 pm »
John 14:

15. "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
16. And I will ask the FATHER, and HE will give you another Helper to be with you forever,
17. even the SPIRIT of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees HIM nor knows HIM. You will know Him for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18. "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live.
20. In that day you will know that I am in My FATHER, and you in Me, and I in you.
21. Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My FATHER, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
22. Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?"
23. JESUS answered, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My FATHER will love him, and WE will come to him and make our home with him.
24. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. And the word that you hear is not Mine but the FATHER's who sent Me.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:16:03 am by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 01:00:04 am »
John 6:

60. When many of His disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying, who can listen to it?"
61. But JESUS, knowing in Himself that His disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this?
62. Then what if I you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?
63. It is the SPIRIT who gives life, the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
64. But there are some of you who do not believe." (For JESUS knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who betray Him.)
65. And He said, "That is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him by the FATHER."
66. After this many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.
67. So JESUS said to the twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"
68. Simon Peter answered Him, "LORD, to whom shall we go? You have the words of Eternal Life,
69. and we have believed, and have come to know, that You are the Holy One of GOD."
70. JESUS answered, "Did I not chose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil."
71. He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the Twelve, was going to betray Him.

fredjames

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 08:26:42 pm »
Matthew 28:

19. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT,
20. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Since JESUS had chose the Twelve and made them disciples through His teaching/word Himself, beginning from Matthew chapter 5 onward to Revelation, therefore He commissions them as Apostles make likewise disciples of 'all nations', consisting of scattered Jews and Gentiles alike. Mark and Luke were part of their 'fruit', among the churches, with the help of CHRIST JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT in them. As disciples themselves, Mark and Luke likewise gave the other two testament of the Gospel, which began from Jerusalem by JESUS.

Therefore from the making disciples of all nations from that day forward, to the establishment of churches, even ones through the HOLY BIBLE today likewise, are to 'do' and 'abide' in the teaching of LORD JESUS CHRIST in the New Testament.

2 Timothy 3:

16. All Scripture is breathed out by GOD and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
17. that the man of GOD may be competent, equipped for every good work.

1 John 2:

26. I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
27. But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about everything - and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you - abide in Him.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:48:20 pm by fredjames »