Author Topic: The Seven Spirits Of God  (Read 2067 times)

Hal

The Seven Spirits Of God
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:23:34 pm »
I was looking at Revelation and found the reference to "The Seven Spirits Of God" in three verses.

Revelation 3:1 NAS

1 "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: 'I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 4:5 NAS

5 Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;

Revelation 5:6 NAS

6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures ) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.

My first inclination was that the Seven Spirits of God refer to the seven churches that Revelation was addressed to. But reading it again I thought it may refer to something else.

Could it be the Angels that were sent to the churches?

Revelation 1:4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Or from the Catholics book of Tobit?

``I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.'' (Tobit 12:15)

Could it be a reference to Isaiah as a reference of gifts given by the spirit?

Isaiah 11:2 NAS

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Any ideas?

Fat

Re: The Seven Spirits Of God
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:54:04 pm »
I'll go with the angels sent to the seven churches.

Never even gave it any thought, now I'm going to worry about it... thanks Hal.

Frank T

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:53:04 pm »
Gifts from the Spirit of God.

Note that in Isaiah 11:2 the spirit is only capitalized once.

fredjames

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 08:36:32 pm »
Brethren, because of our GOD and our LORD JESUS CHRIST, peace be with you all.

To this topic, i have had discussion else where, someone emphasized that this refers to the HOLY SPIRIT. And perhaps if i still remember, the supporting Scripture one used was according to 1 Corinthians chapter 12, where the gifts of the HOLY SPIRIT is distributed among believers who are the church.

And we all know that the HOLY SPIRIT is a/one person, and therefore He is excluded. And the distributed 'gifts' to the church, are distributed 'powers/talents', to serve others in 'exhortation'.

(WYC) Revelation 3:

1. And to the angel of the church of Sardis write thou, These things saith He, that hath the seven spirits of GOD, and the seven stars, I know thy works, for thou hast a name, that thou liveth, and thou art dead.    

Apart from the 'capital' and 'small' letters 's', between versions, lets look according to the sound doctrine of the New Testament itself, as given by the LORD, i have begin with as above in regards to He the HOLY SPIRIT.

And,

(WYC) Hebrews 1:

13. But to which of the angels said GOD at any time, Sit thou on my right half, till I put thine enemies a stool of thy feet?
14. Whether they all be not serving spirits, sent to serve for them [sent into ministry for them] that take the heritage of health?

Therefore by this Scripture, we come to discover that 'angels' are serving 'spirits'. And we also know in Revelation, the seven churches are assigned with seven angels/spirits to serve them. And here in Revelation 3:1, this letter is addressed to one of the angel/spirit of the church of Sardis. And as the letter is from LORD JESUS CHRIST, who hath the seven angels/spirits of GOD assigned to the seven churches, and the seven stars. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:14:28 am by fredjames »

fredjames

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:32 pm »
And in the book of Daniel we can also discover that there are each angels/spirits assigned to each nation. As one of the messenger of GOD sent to Prophet Daniel was held back by one of the nation's angel/spirit, as he went pass through this nation. And when and where angel Michael came to his rescue, and allowed him to tarry on his way to Prophet Daniel with prophecy of the end days.

Also too, another account when King David chose to take census on the Israelite, and then He saw above an angel/spirit with a Sword was about to strike the nation. For i believe it was the angel/spirit assigned to their nation as well. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:33:33 pm by fredjames »

Hal

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 12:37:08 am »
Seems to be one of those mysteries that we will find out in heaven. It may just be a combination of everything that is posted here, the number 7 is the foundation of God's word. It is the day of the Sabbath, the number of major divisions in the Scriptures, the number stands for completion and probably stands for a lot more than I can't think of offhand.

fredjames

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »
i do not know where you get this theory of yours that number 7 is the number of completion, of GOD, even includes creation among.

Is there any Scripture to support your testimony?

In regards to creation the completion of all of them created here on earth, GOD finished them on the sixth day, and GOD proclaimed on the same very day, all of them HE created blessing them as, 'very good', and evening came. And on the seventh day GOD rested.

i believe you have to reconsider your irrelevant denominational teaching and believes, or i am wrong. Unless Scripturally you can prove us wrong. i have heard as a Christian that GOD's number is '7', and JESUS' number is '8', and sounds so intriguing. i wonder where is this coming from, for in regards to creation itself your theory number '7', debunk contrary to the truth.

Clarify please............

Thank you.

fred 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:56:30 pm by fredjames »

Hal

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »
i do not know where you get this theory of yours that number 7 is the number of completion, of GOD, even includes creation among.

Is there any Scripture to support your testimony?

In regards to creation the completion of all of them created here on earth, GOD finished them on the sixth day, and GOD proclaimed on the same very day, all of them HE created blessing them as, 'very good', and evening came. And on the seventh day GOD rested.

i believe you have to reconsider your irrelevant denominational teaching and believes, or i am wrong. Unless Scripturally you can prove us wrong. i have heard as a Christian that GOD's number is '7', and JESUS' number is '8', and sounds so intriguing. i wonder where is this coming from, for in regards to creation itself your theory number '7', debunk contrary to the truth.

Clarify please............

Thank you.

fred
  Hi Fred

We have seven days in the week,  not six but seven, the seventh day celebrates completion.

Genesis 2:3 And God blesseth the seventh day, and sanctifieth it, for in it He hath ceased from all His work which God had prepared for making. YLT

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. KJV

3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. NAS

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it, because that on it he rested from all his work which God had created in making it. DBY

3 and he blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; for in that day God ceased of all his work which he made of nought, that he should make. (and he blessed the seventh day, and made it holy; for on that day God ceased from all his work which he had made out of nothing, that he had intended to make.) WYC

3 God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created, so that it itself could produce. CJB

3 God blessed the seventh day. He made it a Holy Day Because on that day he rested from his work, all the creating God had done. MSG

You know Fred you can GOOGLE the question on the #7 means in the Bible and get all kind of biblical references where 7 is used as perfection and completion. You can not have perfection without completion. "IT IS FINISHED!"

fredjames

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:51:34 pm »
Okay 'Hal', i will take your account into consideration probably, thank you.

Do know also brethren who are viewing likewise, that also it is written;

Wycliffe Bible (WYC) 2 Peter 3;

8. But, ye most dear, this one thing be not hid to you [be not unknown], that one day with GOD is as a thousand years, and a thousand years be as one day [and a thousand years as one day].