Author Topic: Luke 7:24-27  (Read 1125 times)

clark thompson

Luke 7:24-27
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:58:34 am »
Luke 7:24-27 King James Version (KJV)

24 And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
25 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts.
26 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.
27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Luke 7:24-27 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

24 When the messengers of John had gone, he began to speak to the crowds concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to behold? A reed shaken by the wind? 25 What then did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft clothing? Behold, those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings’ courts. 26 What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is he of whom it is written,
‘Behold, I send my messenger before thy face,
who shall prepare thy way before thee.’

Revised Standard Version (RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 These messengers were the followers of John. They hadn’t started following after Jesus even though John was now in prison. Some people can see the truth right in front of them and still not accept the truth.

25 Jesus addresses why they went to see John, people may have followed him for the reasons but most followed him because of the words he shared.

26 John was a prophet to make the people ready for Jesus. John was the message before Christ. We today as Christians are to do the work of John because we should make people ready for Jesus to return.

Fat

Re: Luke 7:24-27
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:31 am »
Christ was reminding the crowd of what the role of John was by asking them questions and quoting Old Testament.

fredjames

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:22:55 am »
Luke 7:24-27 King James Version (KJV)

24 And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
25 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts.
26 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.
27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Luke 7:24-27 Revised Standard Version (RSV)

24 When the messengers of John had gone, he began to speak to the crowds concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to behold? A reed shaken by the wind? 25 What then did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft clothing? Behold, those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings’ courts. 26 What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is he of whom it is written,

Revised Standard Version (RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 These messengers were the followers of John. They hadn’t started following after Jesus even though John was now in prison. Some people can see the truth right in front of them and still not accept the truth.

25 Jesus addresses why they went to see John, people may have followed him for the reasons but most followed him because of the words he shared.

26 John was a prophet to make the people ready for Jesus. John was the message before Christ. We today as Christians are to do the work of John because we should make people ready for Jesus to return.

John the Baptist preached the first stage of the Gospel in regards to repentance, that is the confession of all sins, as in the Gospel according to Matthew. And even by actions to prove that one have truly repented from all of their sins, as in the Gospel according to Luke. Therefore then take their water baptism in burying the old person and coming out the water as new creature, as Apostle Paul taught. And where one is publically declaring in faith, in the midst of multitude of witnesses, in Heaven and here on earth, accepting GOD through CHRIST JESUS our LORD's promise in covenant. As Abraham, our father of faith physically circumcised all male in his household including all his male slaves, accepting GOD's promise in covenant.

And henceforth when JESUS comes in the next stage of the Gospel, where the first stage have been prepared in them, He now baptizes those who believed in Him, by the introduction of John the Baptist about Him and who He truly is, with HOLY SPIRIT and fire. Therefore JESUS being the Word of the power of GOD, the HOLY SPIRIT, He teaches them from the sermon on the mount about the Kingdom of GOD, until the book of Revelation according to Apostle John. Even in His absence, we have today the Scriptures evidently as the New Testament in the HOLY BIBLE, where the church by hearing the teaching of CHRIST, is therefore baptized by His word.

Finally, fire baptism as we have witnessed in the day of Pentecost. For the Gospel the chosen disciples were disciple to by LORD JESUS CHRIST, finally the fire of various human tongues came to rest upon them. With that done, they now commission to bring the same word/teaching of LORD JESUS CHRIST to all nation, kindred and tongue, making disciple of them, and them disciples likewise to their generation, and after bearing much fruit by abiding. As the orally speaking man of GOD were diminishing by the number because of the dark ages to go forth to all nation, the 'All Scripture = HOLY BIBLE' was produced in equal number and 'The Book' went forth before any man of GOD could reach them, in preparation before the laborers are sent forth to bring in the harvest that is plenty.     

Brethren, as we have studied the All Scripture = HOLY BIBLE and being reminded and our memory stirred up here in sound doctrine knowledge once again. Therefore we already now perceive all that i have been given to testify, contains in the context of the New Covenant in the HOLY BIBLE.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:20:30 am by fredjames »

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 02:18:57 pm »
Mal 3:1…Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in:

Isa 40:3…The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

By pointing out who John was and what John’s mission was he legitimized himself as the Messiah .

fredjames

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:31:47 pm »
Mal 3:1…Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in:

Isa 40:3…The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

By pointing out who John was and what John’s mission was he legitimized himself as the Messiah .

Not only that, but John the Baptist proclaimed the teaching of repentance, as the confession of all sins, and too the acts of repentance in giving to those who don't have, not cheat others and live to contentment what they are paid and not extort, proving that they have truly come in repentance, especially to the rich, even the government sect. This is what John proclaimed in teaching to repentance, confession of all sins, even before anyone takes the water baptism as a testament that one is bury the old wretched person.

And Apostle Paul still witnessed water baptism conducted during his time, even for him to teach the church about it's significant to one's faith. That publically in faith and testament, one is burying the old person as they immerse in the water and come out the water a new creature/creation.

And then too his proclamation in teaching who JESUS truly is, in order for them to henceforth follow JESUS, even through the Gospel Scriptures where they will come to see and hear JESUS' teaching from sermon on the mount onward, to the book of Revelation. Where also along the way He will baptize them with the HOLY SPIRIT to teach and help them therefore they will be baptized in the word/teaching of LORD JESUS CHRIST.

And thus baptize them with fire, the tongues of all nation, in order to go forth to all nation and minister the Gospel as man of GOD to the world, that they too need redemption and Salvation likewise.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:15:59 pm by fredjames »

biblebuf

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 12:14:30 am »
Not only that, but John the Baptist proclaimed the teaching of repentance, as the confession of all sins, and too the acts of repentance in giving to those who don't have, not cheat others and live to contentment what they are paid and not extort, proving that they have truly come in repentance, especially to the rich, even the government sect. This is what John proclaimed in teaching to repentance, confession of all sins, even before anyone takes the water baptism as a testament that one is bury the old wretched person.

And Apostle Paul still witnessed water baptism conducted during his time, even for him to teach the church about it's significant to one's faith. That publically in faith and testament, one is burying the old person as they immerse in the water and come out the water a new creature/creation.

And then too his proclamation in teaching who JESUS truly is, in order for them to henceforth follow JESUS, even through the Gospel Scriptures where they will come to see and hear JESUS' teaching from sermon on the mount onward, to the book of Revelation. Where also along the way He will baptize them with the HOLY SPIRIT to teach and help them therefore they will be baptized in the word/teaching of LORD JESUS CHRIST.

And thus baptize them with fire, the tongues of all nation, in order to go forth to all nation and minister the Gospel as man of GOD to the world, that they too need redemption and Salvation likewise.

But what John did not teach because he did not understand, was across and the resurrection. John did not teach salvation by grace.

fredjames

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »
But what John did not teach because he did not understand, was across and the resurrection. John did not teach salvation by grace.

He did not have to, biblebuf and too fellow brethren viewers, because he came for a short yet significant purpose by the will of GOD. He was prepared and was sent to Israel beforehand to proclaim HIS given introduction message and teaching of preparation by act, for the Kingdom of GOD to come . He was the introducer of the MESSIAH to the world and preparer of all people to straighten their lives, as to make a straight path for the LORD, likewise beforehand purposed.

John did teach to the world the first significant step to Salvation by grace, that is first of all, 'repentance', that is one's confession of all their past and present sins, even to those he rebuked and corrected, calling them to act upon it as well that they have truly repented, in authority. Then performing water baptism beginning from the people of Israel. Significantly, as one upon repentance is burying their past. And therefore they come out a new creature/creation, as Apostle Paul himself verifies to the church in teaching, the true significant act of water baptism taken up by believers, even during his time. 

After that, John the Baptist introduces the Messiah as JESUS of Nazareth, and the people he prepares by the first stage of the Gospel teaching Salvation by grace, he now delivers them henceforth to follow JESUS,. JESUS will now teach them the next stage of the Gospel teaching Salvation by grace, which begin from the sermon on the mount. John beautifully puts to his disciples that he is just the 'best man' who delivers the 'groom' to His 'bride', Israel and the world. That it is written;

(WYC) John 1;

6. A man was sent from GOD, to whom the name was John.
7. This man came into witnessing, that he should bear witnessing of the Light, that all men should believe by him.
8. He was not that Light, but that He should bear witnessing of the Light.

12. But how many ever received Him, He gave to them power to be made the sons of GOD, to them that believe in His name;

15. John beareth witnessing of Him, and crieth, and saith, This is He of whom I said, He that shall come after me, is made before me [saying, This it was, whom I said, He that cometh after me, is made before me], for He was before me;

23. He said, I am a voice of a crier in desert [I am a voice of a man crying in desert], Dress ye the way of the LORD, as Esaias, the prophet, said.

26. John answered to them, and said [saying], I baptize in water, but in the middle of you hath stand one, that ye know not [whom ye know not];

Who can teach about, thus speak about and introduce the groom to the bride in marriage better? 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:01:24 am by fredjames »