Author Topic: A DISCIPLE IS NOT ABOVE HIS MASTER BUT ONE PERFECTED SHALL BE AS HIS MASTER  (Read 841 times)

biblebuf

A DISCIPLE IS NOT ABOVE HIS MASTER BUT ONE PERFECTED SHALL BE AS HIS MASTER

"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. (Matt. 10:24 )
"You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for [so] I am. (John 13:13 )  A disciple is not above his teacher, but every one perfected shall be as his teacher. (Luke 6:40)
"It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more [will they malign] the members of his household! (Matt. 10:25 ) "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. (John 15:20 ) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (John 17:14 )
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; (Heb. 12:3, 4 )
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb. 12:1, 2 ) Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, (1 Pet. 4:1 )

JB Horn

All believers are disciples in someway or another. You may not  be an evangelist but you are an ambassadors just by living the life that images Christ.
Always proclaim Him and never deny Him and live your life on a solid Christian fountain. It will not be an easy life but the reward will be great.

Hal

A DISCIPLE IS NOT ABOVE HIS MASTER BUT ONE PERFECTED SHALL BE AS HIS MASTER

It is our goal to be the image of our master. We are incapable of achieving this on our own.