Author Topic: Give thee A Covenant of the People !  (Read 12532 times)

Fat

Re: Give thee A Covenant of the People !
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »
 Mat 23:37-39 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem! The city who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her. How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, yet you were not willing! See, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will never see Me again until you say, ‘He who comes in the name of the Lord is the blessed One’!”

John 4:22: "'You worship that which you don’t know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.'"

Romans 1:16-17: "For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes; for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, 'But the righteous shall live by faith.'"

savedbymercy

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 01:50:12 am »
That there was a Eternal Counsel amongst the Godhead can also be gleaned from other scriptures as Isa 25:10

1O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

The ESV reneders this verse :

1O LORD,(A) you are my God;

I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things,
    plans formed of old, faithful and sure.

Now what greater plan or purpose was formed of Old than that which was eternally setteled in Christ Jesus, that Eternal Purpose of the Salvation of all God's elect, of which all Three Beings were concerned, which is the manifold wisdom of God, which is according to that Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Our Lord, the Mediator.

1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Eph 3:10-11

10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

It was not only Christ Jesus the Son who would execute this purpose involved, but the Spirit as well, who also agreed to perform His part, who searches the deep things of God and approves them and reveals them unto the Elect of God 1 Cor 2:9-12

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

savedbymercy

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 02:09:36 am »
This thread will show how Eternal Life was promised from before the world began, premised on an Everlasting Covenant that convened before the world began !

biblebuf

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 05:11:17 pm »
This thread will show how Eternal Life was promised from before the world began, premised on an Everlasting Covenant that convened before the world began !

I do not think that you understand why you're running in to so much resistance on this board. First of all this is a predominantly Calvinistic board. Most of the people on this board would agree that the church itself was formed before the world was. The problem you're running into is the statement here.

Quote from: savedbymercy
There are no physical land promises for ethnic israel today, those promises were fulfilled already back in the Day, sorry ! See Joshua and Neh !

Some of the other posters have shown you this is it sheer lie. Here's one group of the verses that have not been posted before it shows that God intends to use the land of Israel to bring Him glory. He is going to do this by defending it against the rest of the world. He will take this little small nation and he will use it to defeat the mighty powers of both the North and the East. Doing this he will show His glory and the people will know that He is God.

Ezekiel 38:1–23
Prophecy about Gog and Future Invasion of Israel
1 And the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2 "Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him 3 and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal. 4 "I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords ; 5 Persia, Ethiopia and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet ; 6 Gomer with all its troops ; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north with all its troops -many peoples with you. 7 "Be prepared, and prepare yourself, you and all your companies that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. 8 "After many days you will be summoned ; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste ; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them. 9 "You will go up, you will come like a storm ; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your troops, and many peoples with you." 10 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan, 11 and you will say, 'I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates, 12 to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.' 13 "Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, 'Have you come to capture spoil ? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil ?' "' 14 "Therefore prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it? 15 "You will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army ; 16 and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog." 17 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Are you the one of whom I spoke in former days through My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring you against them? 18 "It will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel," declares the Lord GOD, "that My fury will mount up in My anger. 19 "In My zeal and in My blazing wrath I declare that on that day there will surely be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 "The fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth will shake at My presence ; the mountains also will be thrown down, the steep pathways will collapse and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 "I will call for a sword against him on all My mountains," declares the Lord GOD. "Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 "With pestilence and with blood I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain on him and on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, a torrential rain, with hailstones , fire and brimstone. 23 "I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations ; and they will know that I am the LORD."'

The problem with your theology is you are trying to bring Israel into the church when the church is obviously being grafted to Israel as Paul described. Tell me who are the hundred and 144,000 and will be preaching Christ during the great tribulation?

It's funny that the JW's use your reasoning to prove they are the 144,000 referenced in Revelation.

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel : 5 the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand, from the tribe of Gad twelve thousand, 6 the tribe of Asher twelve thousand, from the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand, from the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand, 7 the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand, 8 the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand, from the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand, from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

Revelation 14: 1 Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders ; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth. 4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And no lie was found in their mouth ; they are blameless.
6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people ;

You know this all started with the Catholic church and was worked into the KJV, but you would think that after all that has happen in the last 60 years peoples eyes would have been open.

BB

savedbymercy

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:17 am »
That salvation is according to the everlasting covenant of grace and that paul and the apostles preached it so is seen in phrases as the " counsel of God" Acts 20:27

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

The word counsel is the word boulē:

counsel, purpose

The Purpose of God He did not shun to declare ! Peter preached it here Acts 4:28

28For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.[I believe this counsel refers to the everlasting covenant determined in the GodHead]

Now this [Acts 20:27] was when paul was addressing the Ephesian elders Acts 20:17,24

17And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

and He was speaking about the Gospel of God's Grace vs 24

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

So this leads us to believe that paul was rehearsing the first chapter of Ephesians as part of God,s Gospel of Grace Eph 1:6,11

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

The word counsel here is the same word as used in Acts 20:27 and Acts 4:28

Also Paul spake of the wisdom of God 1 Cor 2:6

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

That word wisdom is the greek word Sophia and one of its meanings is:

supreme intelligence, such as belongs to God

1) to Christ

2) the wisdom of God as evinced in forming and executing counsels in the formation and government of the world and the scriptures see Eph 3:10

And that would be that wisdom that contrived the everlasting covenant,  whereby God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, through the surety engagement with Christ for His People, not imputing their trespasses on them, because they were imputed to the Surety of the Covenant 2 Cor 5:21, so He would in due time come and be a sin offering in their behalf Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Christ was long the designated sin offering before the world began ! The world was created within the scope of that purpose Eph 3:9

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

please cp Eph 3:9 with 2 Cor 5:19 in regards to the preposition in !

savedbymercy

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:04 am »
We perceive that Salvation is based upon a everlasting covenant from reading of the counsel that took place right before mans creation, when God says let us make man in our image and our likeness, the us I don't believe could be angels, but the other Two Beings of the Godhead, the Word and the Spirit; The Triune God.

Now the stating of " let us make man" was a resolve in the beginning to make man in accordance with the stipulations of the everlasting covenant. Adam was not just created randomly, but he himself was made as covenant Head, and since He was a figure of Him to come [ Rom 5:14], then Christ His antitype must have already been established as the surety of the everlasting covenant..

In the LXX and regards Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Its translated " The Angel of the Great Council "

6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.

He is also the Messenger of that Covenant Mal 3:1

1Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Hal

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 07:41:45 am »
People of the many nations are this world..

Say WHAT??
That is some sick logic. If God wanted to say the world He would have said ALL nations.
I have been reading your post and to tell you the truth, I don't think you have a clue of what you are talking about.

savedbymercy

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:42 am »
Say WHAT??
That is some sick logic. If God wanted to say the world He would have said ALL nations.
I have been reading your post and to tell you the truth, I don't think you have a clue of what you are talking about.

The World is comprised of all the Nations Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

k 12:30

For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

Hal

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:18 am »
5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
The World is comprised of all the Nations Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

k 12:30

For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

Well thanks for making my point. You agree that it reads "many nations" not all nations. And you proved that when He wants to refer to the World He says ALL nations.

savedbymercy

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:06 pm »
wrong thread !

savedbymercy

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:12 am »
Surety of the Covenant

Christ as the surety of the covenant, that is the everlasting covenant of grace, He engaged to God the Father to do for us, as also our mediator :

By His life and death he would to vindicate the honor of God his Father in all the perfections of His Nature, to reserve the justice and veracity of God, and the sanction of His Holy Law.

He also engaged as the surety of the covenant to restore unto the elect of God, that uprightness they lost in adam at creation, and even beyond that to the conformity of His own very image, outwardly and inwardly Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That as they were made sinners by Adam's disobedience, so by Christ's obedience, they shall be made righteous Rom 5:19, that as the sin of the first Adam was imputed to their condemnation, so Christ righteousness, as our Covenant Head,might be imputed to all His seed.

All of this is according to the Eternal Counsel and wisdom. Christ engaged to do a work in men, in that we were by nature at enmity God [in our minds] and alienated from the life of God Rom 8:7-8 and Eph 4:18. In light of such He reconciles us [The Elect] back to God subjectively [inwardly] 1 Pet 318

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Jn 10:16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Now by working in us through His Spirit to both will and to do of His good pleasure, this inner working is a Covenant Blessing from the blood of the Shepherd to His Sheep

Heb 13:21:

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So you see, the covenant provides for and applies unto the Sheep an inward work, which is the New Birth..

savedbymercy

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:00 am »
More on the Mystery

Back to the Mystery that paul was called to expound on moreso than any other apostle, and which he proclaimed[ by the gospel] is that the True

Israel of God [ Gal 6:16], the True seed of abraham [ Rom 9:8 , Heb 2:16] who are the heirs of the promises of God [ Gal 3: 7,29 ; 2 Cor 1:20; Rom 15:8; Acts 13:32] are a body composed of all those, wether jew by birth or gentile by birth, who are of the Faith of abraham, who is the father of us all [Rom 4:16,13]vs 13

13For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

The world here is that world that Abraham was made Father of as in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

People of the many nations are this world..

savedbymercy

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:12 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wrong thread

savedbymercy

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 07:46:49 am »

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

macuser

Re: The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 08:57:12 am »
Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

Do you believe that the elect is reconciled to God even before the repentance?