Author Topic: Living Examples  (Read 896 times)

Moss

Living Examples
« on: July 06, 2018, 11:55:20 pm »
Living Examples From THE QUOTABLE SPURGEON

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.… It is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.
1 Peter 2:11-12, 15-16

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

Lord Peterborough spoke of the celebrated Fénélon in this way: “He is a delicious creature. I was forced to get away from him as fast as I possibly could, else he would have made me pious.”
I wish that all of us had such an influence over godless men!

Iconoclast

Re: Living Examples
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:11:25 am »
phil.3;
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me[/b], and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.