Author Topic: YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST  (Read 697 times)

biblebuf

YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:45:01 pm »

YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST

Deuteronomy 6:16. "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested [Him] at Massah.

Numbers 14:22. "Surely all the men who have seen My glory and My signs which I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness, yet have put Me to the test these ten times and have not listened to My voice,

Psalm 78:18. And in their heart they put God to the test By asking food according to their desire.

Isaiah 7:10. Then the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying,
11. "Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; make [it] deep as Sheol or high as heaven."
12. But Ahaz said, "I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!"
13. Then he said, "Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well?

Matthew 12:38. Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
39. But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and [yet] no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet;

Matthew 4:7. Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

Mark 8:11. The Pharisees came out and began to argue with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, to test Him.

Luke 11:16. Others, to test [Him], were demanding of Him a sign from heaven.

John 6:30. So they said to Him, "What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?

1 Corinthians 10:9. Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents.

Luke 4:12. And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

Psalms 106:14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.

Hebrews 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

macuser

Re: YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:45:16 am »
Once in a while I get the line, If your God was just he would never let ********** happen, or why does he let people starve.

I try to tell them that it would be Justice to let every sinner die.