Author Topic: THE MIRACULOUS CONTINUITY OF SCRIPTURE  (Read 586 times)

Hal

THE MIRACULOUS CONTINUITY OF SCRIPTURE
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:05:56 am »
THE MIRACULOUS CONTINUITY OF SCRIPTURE

By JOSEPH FARAH

One of the blessings and curses of the internet is the ability it provides us to read many sermons by both contemporary pastors and those of the past.
It’s a blessing because there is great wisdom and insight to be discovered.
It’s also a curse because of the immense amount of error to be found – especially in teachings found in today’s sermons.
Sometimes I find dogmatic statements by teachers that are wholly untrue. Usually, they are written or spoken to make the erroneous point that something shockingly new, unprecedented and unpredicted in the New Testament – something that represented a complete break with the Old Testament.
Here is one of those statements made very recently by a Pennsylvania pastor who shall remain nameless. (I’m not trying to embarrass any individual, but rather making a point.)
“All throughout the Old Testament there is not one example anywhere of an Israelite addressing God as ‘My Father.’ There were many names for God used, but not ‘Father.'”

Momentarily, I was taken aback. I knew I could think of three or four examples of references to God as Father in the Hebrew Scriptures. But I decided to do a quick survey. I may have missed some, but was able, using the modern tools of Bible study, to find them. I found out the pastor was right. There “is not one example.” There are at least 20 references to God as our Father in the Tanach. And that doesn’t include at least another half-dozen references to Israel as His children.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/09/the-miraculous-continuity-of-scripture/#b6MXvTfEaI7SE9Lp.99