Author Topic: Sanctuary doctrine (SDA)  (Read 1612 times)

Moss

Sanctuary doctrine (SDA)
« on: September 18, 2018, 12:52:47 am »

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. (Adventist Fundamental Belief #24)

JB Horn

Re: Sanctuary doctrine (SDA)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:13:06 am »
I like the way they just pull dates out of the air. Also it stops anymore prophecy after Their founder.

Satan took a half truth and a lie to feed Eve death all mankind.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »
It kind of reads like an analogy, I don’t know if it is meant to be technically accurate.

Moss

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:14:28 am »
I like the way they just pull dates out of the air. Also it stops anymore prophecy after Their founder.

Satan took a half truth and a lie to feed Eve death all mankind.

It is amazing that White herself received prophecy after 1844, one of those was 1858. Of course they predicted the return of Christ in March of 1843 and when that didn't work out they changed it to Oct. of 1844. So much for their prophecy.