Author Topic: The fountain of living waters  (Read 1279 times)

biblebuf

The fountain of living waters
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »

"Behold, He struck the rock so that waters gushed out, And streams were overflowing ; Can He give bread also ? Will He provide meat for His people ?"
 (Psa. 78:20 )
For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea ;  and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea ;  and all ate the same spiritual food ;  and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. (1 Cor. 10:1-4 ) But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
 (John 19:34 ) But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities ; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. (Isa. 53:5 )
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. (John 5:40 ) "For My people have committed two evils : They have forsaken Me, The fountain of living waters, To hew for themselves cisterns, Broken cisterns That can hold no water.(Jer. 2:13 )
If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. (John 7:37 ) The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come ; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost. (Rev. 22:17 )

Hal

Re: The fountain of living waters
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:22:59 am »
Let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

The price has been paid by our Lord. No works, no sacraments and no sacrafices needed.
IT IS FINISHED!