Author Topic: I will take you to be My wife in righteousness, justice, love, and compassion.  (Read 4059 times)

biblebuf

Thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name. (Isa. 54:5 )
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Eph. 5:32 )
Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken … but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, … for the Lord delighteth in thee. And as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. (Isa. 62:4 , 5 ) He hath sent me … to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. (Isa. 61:1-3 )
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. (Isa. 61:10 )
I will take you to be My wife forever. I will take you to be My wife in righteousness, justice, love, and compassion. (Hos. 2:19 )
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? (Rom. 8:35 )

Moss

I don't know if there's meant to be anything in the analogy, but back 2000 years ago the penalty for infidelity of a wife was death.

Fat

I don't know if there's meant to be anything in the analogy, but back 2000 years ago the penalty for infidelity of a wife was death.

Let me jump in here with a comment. Do you recall when the adulteries woman was brought to Christ and He told her that He did not condemn her and to go and sin no more?

bibledan

And if you research it I believe that once you had "relations with " someone you where married.

8And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool [3] of the day, and the man and his wife b hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9

How but by "having relations "
 What's. This if not the consummation of marriage which actually makes you married.

“If a man seduces a virgin [4] who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price [5] for her and make her his wife.

shall take a wife in her virginity. [1] 14A widow, p or a divorced woman, or a woman who has been defiled, or a prostitute, these he shall not marry. But he shall take as his wife a virgin [2] of his own people, 15that he may not profane his offspring among his people

If not a virgin than she already married in GOD'S eyes .

This is why sexual sins are so bad. They are an abomination to his plan GOD gave us females for a mate.

Fat

And if you research it I believe that once you had "relations with " someone you where married.

8And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool [3] of the day, and the man and his wife b hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9

How but by "having relations "
 What's. This if not the consummation of marriage which actually makes you married.

“If a man seduces a virgin [4] who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price [5] for her and make her his wife.

shall take a wife in her virginity. [1] 14A widow, p or a divorced woman, or a woman who has been defiled, or a prostitute, these he shall not marry. But he shall take as his wife a virgin [2] of his own people, 15that he may not profane his offspring among his people

If not a virgin than she already married in GOD'S eyes .

This is why sexual sins are so bad. They are an abomination to his plan GOD gave us females for a mate.

Eve was already given to Adam as a wife at the time she came into existence. Gen 2:23 And the man said: This one, at last, is bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman, for she was taken from man. 24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. 25 Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame.

And you running a little problem the way and you interpret the Scriptures.It clearly states that if you live with a woman or have sex with a woman then you will maker your wife. In other words Your action causes you to have a responsibility to her and you must fulfill that responsibility.

Responsibility is a foreign word to this liberal society.

bibledan

I agree :) responsibility is foreign or even "BAD " word in this society.

bibledan

Eve was already given to Adam as a wife at the time she came into existence. Gen 2:23 And the man said: This one, at last, is bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman, for she was taken from man. 24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. 25 Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame.

It says they where together naked felt no shame. No ware is it saying they DID NOT HAVE relations.

So this quote in no way debunk my theroy of "relations = marriage " but all my other quotes do help support it.

I would need more to make me feel that this theory is wrong. 

Just saying it's pattern I see. Even in I believe Acts where Paul say it is better for you to remain unmarried but if you cannot then better to marry than burn in sin. He saying if you cannot avoid relations with than marry.  In fact it almost seems as if he is saying it was not intentions for us to marry but GOD allows.   
Which could be possibility in my mind (slim possibility I think Genesis 2 shows intentions of marriage)  GOD did make Adam alone first and Adam made in GOD'S image which GOD needs nor craves relations with woman but Adam may have thus GOD saw and for first time says "NOT GOOD " man be alone and makes woman for Adams weakness.

Fat

It says they where together naked felt no shame. No ware is it saying they DID NOT HAVE relations.

So this quote in no way debunk my theroy of "relations = marriage " but all my other quotes do help support it.

I would need more to make me feel that this theory is wrong. 

Just saying it's pattern I see. Even in I believe Acts where Paul say it is better for you to remain unmarried but if you cannot then better to marry than burn in sin. He saying if you cannot avoid relations with than marry.  In fact it almost seems as if he is saying it was not intentions for us to marry but GOD allows.   
Which could be possibility in my mind (slim possibility I think Genesis 2 shows intentions of marriage)  GOD did make Adam alone first and Adam made in GOD'S image which GOD needs nor craves relations with woman but Adam may have thus GOD saw and for first time says "NOT GOOD " man be alone and makes woman for Adams weakness.

For some reason you want the Bible to say what it doesn't say. The Bible has to be taken as a whole and it is obvious in Genesis 2 that Adam and Eve were man and wife. Adam and Eve were the perfect marriage, they were chosen and selected for each other by God. Wouldn't it be great if God The Father could give away the hand of every woman the marriage?

bibledan

Deuteronomy 21

Female Captives

10 “When you go out to war against your enemies, and the LORD your God delivers them into your hand, and you take them captive, 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and desire her and would take her for your wife, 12 then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and trim her nails. 13 She shall put off the clothes of her captivity, remain in your house, and mourn her father and her mother a full month; after that you may go in to her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. 14 And it shall be, if you have no delight in her, then you shall set her free, but you certainly shall not sell her for money; you shall not treat her brutally, because you have humbled her.

Ok go in her make husband and wife.

Is this clearer?  I not say I am correct but know it is not a totally far fetched idea.

Just trying to understand what the scriptures say and notice several implying this and not found many contradicting it.

:(

Fat

Marriage was designed by God to be a religious institution, with regulations and a process to do it correctly. Unfortunately today marriage is no longer a religious institution but I secular institution. Nowhere in the Bible doesn't say that you should be licensed by the government marry, but the process of marriage does fall under Romans 13, directing us to comply with the government licensing regulations.