Author Topic: DO NOT BOAST FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?  (Read 1282 times)

biblebuf

DO NOT BOAST FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?
« on: February 29, 2020, 05:00:09 pm »
DO NOT BOAST FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD. (Jer 9:23, 24)
Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. (Prov. 27:1 ) Whatever your hand finds to do, do [it] with [all] your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going. (Eccl. 9:10 )[Like] clouds and wind without rain Is a man who boasts of his gifts falsely. (Prov 25:14) 'And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years [to come]; take your ease, eat, drink [and] be merry."'  "But God said to him, 'You fool! This [very] night your soul is required of you; and [now] who will own what you have prepared?'
"So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (Luke 12:19-21 )
Is the axe to boast itself over the one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt itself over the one who wields it? [That would be] like a club wielding those who lift it, [Or] like a rod lifting [him who] is not wood. (Isa 10:15)
Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are [just] a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. (Jas. 4:14 ) The world is passing away, and [also] its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:17 )

Fat

Re: DO NOT BOAST FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 05:58:48 pm »
Yep, a hundred years from now we’ll just be a foot note in GOOGLE. At least as far as this earth is concerned. And every thing you have will still be here, much of it rusted or decaying.
Just thought of something, you think my gold tooth will survive a hundred years?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: DO NOT BOAST FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:18:53 am »
Is google going to be here in a hundred years?
I hope there’s no Google in heaven 🙏

Nothing in this world will last, all gone no more. Only God and His sons and daughters live for ever.