Author Topic: "What God has cleansed, no [longer] consider unholy."  (Read 527 times)

Hal

"What God has cleansed, no [longer] consider unholy."
« on: September 15, 2019, 11:58:28 pm »

More than just abolishing the Old Testament dietary restrictions, God made unity possible in the church of both Jews, symbolizing the clean animals, and the Gentiles who were symbolized by the unclean animals.

Ephesians 2:14-15 - NAS
14. For He Himself is our peace, who made both [groups into] one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15. by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, [which is] the Law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, [thus] establishing peace,

Romans 14:13-19 - NAS
13. Therefore let us not judge one ano,ther anymore, but rather determine this-- not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way. 14. I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15. For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died. 16. Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil; 17. for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18. For he who in this [way] serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19. So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.

Acts 10:9-16 - NAS
9. On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10. But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance; 11. and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, 12. and there were in it all [kinds of] four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. 13. A voice came to him, "Get up, Peter, kill and eat!" 14. But Peter said, "By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean." 15. Again a voice [came] to him a second time, "What God has cleansed, no [longer] consider unholy." 16. This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.

Acts 10:25-28 - NAS
25. When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, and fell at his feet and worshiped [him]. 26. But Peter raised him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am [just] a man." 27. As he talked with him, he entered and found many people assembled. 28. And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and [yet] God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

Moss

Re: "What God has cleansed, no [longer] consider unholy."
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 12:08:56 am »

Galatians 5 and Circumcision

Galatians 5:2-7
2. Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3. And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5. For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. 7. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?