Author Topic: God as Creator - Ruth Peters  (Read 637 times)

Moss

God as Creator - Ruth Peters
« on: December 02, 2019, 11:32:10 pm »

God as Creator - Ruth Peters

A Christian was invited to admire a great skyscraper. After looking at its majestic height, he called his host’s attention to a little flower that he had on his lapel, saying, “True, this building speaks of man’s achievement, but this flower with its life speaks of God’s creation. I can see God more clearly in the flower than in the skyscraper.”

A businessman once gave the reasons why he knew there was a God. He had been earnestly considering the wonders of the stars and planets, their system and order. Then he said, “It takes a girl in our factory about two days to learn to put the seventeen parts of a meat chopper together. Some may believe that these millions of worlds, each with its separate orbit, all balanced so wonderfully in space—that they just happened; that by a billion years of tumbling about they finally arranged themselves. I am merely a plain manufacturer of cutlery. But this I do know, that you can shake the seventeen parts of a meat chopper around in a washtub for the next seventeen billion years and you’ll never make a meat chopper.”

To think is to grow in awareness. Think as you look at a flower, a sunset or gaze at the starry sky. Someone has said that the unbelieving astronomer is mad. “What do you see?” a friend asked a famous botanist who was scrutinizing a flower. “I see God,” was the reverent answer. A Scottish doctor wrote with his finger in the garden soil the letters of his little son’s name, sowed cress in the furrows, and smoothed the ground. Ten days later, his son ran to him in astonishment and said that his name was growing in the garden and insisted on his father seeing it. “Is it not a mere chance?” asked the father. “No, someone must have arranged it that way.” “Look at yourself,” said the doctor. “Consider your hands, finger, legs, feet; did you come here by chance?” “No, something must have made me.” “And who is that something?” As he did not know, the father told him the name of the great God who had made him and all the world. He never forgot that lesson.

JB Horn

Re: God as Creator - Ruth Peters
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:08:30 am »
The eye...can distinguish among seven million colors. It has automatic focusing and handles an astounding 1.5 million messages -- simultaneously. Evolution focuses on mutations and changes from and within existing organisms. Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter.

Hugh Davson, Physiology of the Eye, 5th ed (New York: McGraw Hill, 1991)