Author Topic: Adam&Eve vegan ?  (Read 3181 times)

bibledan

Adam&Eve vegan ?
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:08 pm »

Genesis 1
 29 And God said , Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life , I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

So was Adam and Eve vegan?  It says the plants where his "meat " and "herbs " "meat " for animals.  No where does it say GOD say they can eat the animals.  Thus why Adam and Eve had to relay on the Garden.  When GOD casts them out says they will work the ground for food not slaughter animals.

macuser

Re: Adam&Eve vegan ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:46:18 pm »

Genesis 1
 29 And God said , Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life , I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

So was Adam and Eve vegan?  It says the plants where his "meat " and "herbs " "meat " for animals.  No where does it say GOD say they can eat the animals.  Thus why Adam and Eve had to relay on the Garden.  When GOD casts them out says they will work the ground for food not slaughter animals.

Actually the first animals slaughtered were for clothing. Gen 3:21.

May I remind you that God had no respect for the offering of vegetation as a sacrifice but he did have respect for the offering of meat as a sacrifice. Genesis 4:3-5

bibledan

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »
I would have to agree with that, however did GOD intend for them to eat the animals?  Did Adam and Eve eat animals?  If so and not wrong then why did he not say all the vegetation and animals are yours for meat.

Just an observation.   :)

macuser

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:46:50 pm »
I would have to agree with that, however did GOD intend for them to eat the animals?  Did Adam and Eve eat animals?  If so and not wrong then why did he not say all the vegetation and animals are yours for meat.

Just an observation.   :)

You have to understand that at the time Adam and Eve were in the garden blood had not been shed yet. It's funny but the same will happen during the millennium that Lions will lay down with lambs and blood will not be shed during that time.

Once Adam and Eve had committed sin they were sentenced to death as was promised before they ate from the tree. The death sentence was not only for man but all living things which man had domain over.

If your argument is that God has not given permission for man to eat meat, will then you better reconsider because God was very specific on what meats man can eat and what meat man cannot eat.

bibledan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:55 am »
First not argument.   I am here to post my observations and LEARN not argue.   

I was speaking as you saying in garden of Eden.  I know later told ok to eat animals.  I was under the impression that it was after flood for Noah.

Death yes was punishment. I did NOT know for all I thought just man (and woman)  . Also GOD tells Adam he will work at growing planting etc... but it be without results.
I commenting on again they could easily slaughtered animals but that not listed as option.   Also I am sure that part about working with seeds planting etc... with no gain represents seed "word " salvation forgiveness but invalid untill JESUS.  However I not dug into this yet.

macuser

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:31 am »
First not argument.   I am here to post my observations and LEARN not argue.   

I was speaking as you saying in garden of Eden.  I know later told ok to eat animals.  I was under the impression that it was after flood for Noah.

Death yes was punishment. I did NOT know for all I thought just man (and woman)  . Also GOD tells Adam he will work at growing planting etc... but it be without results.
I commenting on again they could easily slaughtered animals but that not listed as option.   Also I am sure that part about working with seeds planting etc... with no gain represents seed "word " salvation forgiveness but invalid untill JESUS.  However I not dug into this yet.

OK before sin (the fall of Adam) when the were still in the Garden there was no flesh eaten. I don't know exactly what you're getting at but if you're trying to insinuate that all life is sacred, or was sacred, that is not so.

Tell me do you consider vegetation to be life?

bibledan

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:59:56 pm »
Where I was going just there. I am learning I post ideas that pop into my head and see if I am anywhere close. I wanting to see if anyone else heard of this Vegan Adam and Eve concept or if "book which offered idea " was crazy.

Thanks  ;D

macuser

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:44:15 pm »
Where I was going just there. I am learning I post ideas that pop into my head and see if I am anywhere close. I wanting to see if anyone else heard of this Vegan Adam and Eve concept or if "book which offered idea " was crazy.

Thanks  ;D

No not crazy Dan. I don't know if you could write a whole book on it though.

bibledan

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 03:37:20 pm »
The book is to explain Bible.   8) LOL