Author Topic: Reckon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin  (Read 819 times)

Hal

Reckon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:35:55 am »
Reckon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, butalive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom. 6:11)
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; butis passed from death unto life. (John 5:24 ) I through the law amdead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified withChrist; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: andthe life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of theSon of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal. 2:19, 20 )
Because I live, ye shall live also. (John 14:19 ) I give untothem eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall anyman pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave themme, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. (John 10:28-30 )
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which areabove, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God … For yeare dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (Gal. 3:1, 3 )

Fat

Re: Reckon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:02:40 am »
In the Lord’s Prayer (John 17) He speaks of us not being of this world. Eternal life in Christ.

JB Horn

Re: Reckon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 02:08:47 pm »
" We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

1 John 5:19