Author Topic: German Catholics lose church rights for unpaid tax  (Read 8232 times)

Fat

Re: German Catholics lose church rights for unpaid tax
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »

There are many ways to pray, including intercession as Paul points out.  Jesus also said to pray like this widow, with persistance:

Luke 18
18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

There are many ways to pray, including intercession as Paul points out.  Jesus also said to pray like this widow, with persistance:

Luke 18
18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

Is this not an order from Christ?

But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Are those nuns on TV that give this prayer over and over for 30 mins obeying that order?

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am beginning to understand why the church kept your Bible in Latin for so long.

chestertonrules

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »
Is this not an order from Christ?

But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Are those nuns on TV that give this prayer over and over for 30 mins obeying that order?

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am beginning to understand why the church kept your Bible in Latin for so long.

Jesus gave many instructions for prayer, including the passage I gave you above, which you have ignored.  Jesus also gave us the Lord's Prayer.  Do you pray this prayer?

Fat

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »

Jesus gave many instructions for prayer, including the passage I gave you above, which you have ignored.  Jesus also gave us the Lord's Prayer.  Do you pray this prayer?

No that was not His instructions.

matthew 6:9 "Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.

He wants you to pray from your heart not from memorization. Don't they teach you that in your church?

Just a note we refer to the Lords prayer as John 17.

chestertonrules

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 07:08:14 pm »
No that was not His instructions.

matthew 6:9 "Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.

He wants you to pray from your heart not from memorization. Don't they teach you that in your church?

Just a note we refer to the Lords prayer as John 17.

Catholics pray frequently in many ways.

We pray the Lord's Prayer at every mass, as Jesus instructed.  We also spend much time in quite reflective prayer.

Fat

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »
Catholics pray frequently in many ways.

We pray the Lord's Prayer at every mass, as Jesus instructed.  We also spend much time in quite reflective prayer.

I can tell.

chestertonrules

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 06:23:09 am »
I can tell.

Then what is your point?