Author Topic: A CHILD’S GRATEFUL HEART - The Quotable Spurgeon  (Read 1088 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
A CHILD’S GRATEFUL HEART - The Quotable Spurgeon
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:21:02 pm »
A CHILD’S GRATEFUL HEART

The Quotable Spurgeon

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13

I once heard a touching story about a poor woman with two children who had no bed for them to sleep in and scarcely any clothes to cover them. In the depth of winter they were nearly frozen, and the mother took the door of a cellar off the hinges, and set it up before the corner where they crouched to sleep, that some of the draft and cold might be kept from them. One of the children whispered to her, when she complained, “Mother, what do those dear little children do who have no cellar door to put up in front of them?” Even there, you see, the little heart found cause for thankfulness.

Hal

Re: A CHILD’S GRATEFUL HEART - The Quotable Spurgeon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 10:57:54 am »
“I was complaining about not having shoes until I saw a man with no feet.”

Fat

Re: A CHILD’S GRATEFUL HEART - The Quotable Spurgeon
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 05:56:03 pm »
In today’s world people seem to believe they are owed everything, including salvation.