Author Topic: WHAT AGREEMENT HATH THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS?  (Read 801 times)

biblebuf

WHAT AGREEMENT HATH THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS?
« on: June 08, 2020, 12:17:28 am »
WHAT AGREEMENT HATH THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS?

Keep yourselves from idols. (1 John 5:21 )
Give me your heart, my son, And let your eyes delight in my ways. (Prov 23:26 ) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (Col 3:2 )
Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them? (Ezek 14:3 ) Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry. (Col 3:5 ) They that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things. (1 Tim 6:9-11 )
Do not trust in oppression And do not vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, do not set [your] heart [upon them]. (Psa 62:10 ) My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. (Prov. 8:19 )
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matt 6:21 ) The Lord looketh on the heart. (1 Sam 16:7 )
Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.(1 Cor 10:14)
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.(2 Cor 6:16)