Author Topic: Walk in love.  (Read 945 times)

biblebuf

Walk in love.
« on: July 28, 2020, 11:08:46 pm »

And walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. (Eph. 5:2 )
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (John 13:34 ) Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. (1 Pet. 4:8 )  Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions. (Prov. 10:12 ) When ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. (Mark 11:25 ) Love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again. (Luke 6:35 ) Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth. (Prov. 24:17 ) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrarwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. (1 Pet. 3:9 ) If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. (Rom. 12:18 ) Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. (Eph. 4:32 )
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. (1 John 3:18 ) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (Joh 15:12-13 )

macuser

Re: Walk in love.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:33:42 pm »
But the question is , 'how did you come to love God'.

Romans 3:10–12 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11. THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12. ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

Romans 3:23 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;

Your ability LOVE comes from God.

Luke 6:45. "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil [man] out of the evil [treasure] brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

And how do we get the GOOD MAN?

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
45. "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.