Author Topic: A question for Seven Day Adventist.  (Read 22226 times)

Fat

Re: A question for Seven Day Adventist.
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 12:39:22 pm »
So now, when do you worship and what annual days do you dedicate to God?  Please use scripture to validate them.

I worship on the seventh day after 6 days of work, it is a Holy day at my house. See above post for the numerous scriptures.
Annual days are not part of this thread, the Scriptures do not address an annual worship day for the Gentiles. If you consider the Scripture does address this and you must consider that the Gentiles must be circumcised. Were you circumcised on your eighth day John?

Fat

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:24 pm »
Not sure who this website represents, I stumbled on to it and the common sense instruction seemed most appropriate for Arctic and Antarctic conditions...

http://www.biblestudy.org/godsrest/when-does-the-bible-sabbath-begin-and-end.html

It does not answer the question John. Are saying now that the scriptures teach that the Sabbath starts at Fri 6 p.m. and ends at 6 p.m. Sat. that is what this web sit says. Please show me the Scripture for your belief John.

John 8:32

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:32 am »
I worship on the seventh day after 6 days of work, it is a Holy day at my house. See above post for the numerous scriptures.
Annual days are not part of this thread, the Scriptures do not address an annual worship day for the Gentiles. If you consider the Scripture does address this and you must consider that the Gentiles must be circumcised. Were you circumcised on your eighth day John?

Ah, yes I was.

Fat

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:36 am »
Ah, yes I was.
And are you Jew or Gentile John?

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:29 am »
And are you Jew or Gentile John?

Let's see how much you know, I am not a Jew but I am an Israelite.

Fat

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 12:47:58 pm »
Let's see how much you know, I am not a Jew but I am an Israelite.

The reason I ask is I wonder do you believe that that you are bound by the Law, Tradition or other. I asked this because we've seen others,  especially Catholics, claimed that tradition is actually more important than what the Scripture says. And I get the impression that is exactly what is happening with you hear.  However when you're put in the corner you pull out something like that previous website which tries to use common sense to manipulate the Sabbath.

So I am kind of puzzled here John on exactly what you believe. Do you believe that the seven days are 24 hour periods using our present day Western  (Gregorian) calendar, or do you believe the seven days as defined in Jewish tradition?  I am talking only about the seven days numbered one through six and ending with the Sabbath, I'm not asking about the other traditional annual sabbaths.

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 05:58:26 am »
The reason I ask is I wonder do you believe that that you are bound by the Law, Tradition or other. I asked this because we've seen others,  especially Catholics, claimed that tradition is actually more important than what the Scripture says. And I get the impression that is exactly what is happening with you hear.  However when you're put in the corner you pull out something like that previous website which tries to use common sense to manipulate the Sabbath.

So I am kind of puzzled here John on exactly what you believe. Do you believe that the seven days are 24 hour periods using our present day Western  (Gregorian) calendar, or do you believe the seven days as defined in Jewish tradition?  I am talking only about the seven days numbered one through six and ending with the Sabbath, I'm not asking about the other traditional annual sabbaths.

You have had several impressions of me and so far, none have been accurate.

I need no common sense to read straightforward passages about the Sabbath.  The Sabbath dates from creation and is clearly stated as THE seventh day, not a day or any day.

I do not believe in any traditions being superior to the Word of God.  Traditions such as Sunday worship that was instituted by the Catholic and codified at the coucil of Nicea when Christians were told not to Judaize the church by keeping the seventh day, but rather they must work on the seventh day and then rest on the first day of the week.  Traditions such as xmas and ishtar instead of the fourteenth of Nisan.  (might want to look up the Quarto-Deciman controversy right about now).

What I believe is that the SAbbath is the approximately 24 hour period from sunset Friday evening to sunset Saturday evening.  This is what the Bible defines it as and as such is what I keep.

Do I believe the law is still in force?

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You betcha.  Christ said it would be until heaven and earth pass away.  I looked up at the stars this morning before daybreak and stepped out onto the earth to walk to my car, so, the law is still in force and not a jot or tittle has passed.

Fat

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:48 am »
You have had several impressions of me and so far, none have been accurate.

I need no common sense to read straightforward passages about the Sabbath.  The Sabbath dates from creation and is clearly stated as THE seventh day, not a day or any day. I don't see one post on this thread that says that it is any other day then the seventh.

I do not believe in any traditions being superior to the Word of God.  Traditions such as Sunday worship that was instituted by the Catholic and codified at the coucil of Nicea when Christians were told not to Judaize the church by keeping the seventh day, but rather they must work on the seventh day and then rest on the first day of the week.  Traditions such as xmas and ishtar instead of the fourteenth of Nisan.  (might want to look up the Quarto-Deciman controversy right about now). Who's week?

What I believe is that the SAbbath is the approximately 24 hour period from sunset Friday evening to sunset Saturday evening.  This is what the Bible defines it as and as such is what I keep.

So you don't go by the Gregorian calendar because it's seventh day start at midnight and your sabbath starts on it's (Gregorian calendar) Friday?

Do I believe the law is still in force?

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You betcha.  Christ said it would be until heaven and earth pass away.  I looked up at the stars this morning before daybreak and stepped out onto the earth to walk to my car, so, the law is still in force and not a jot or tittle has passed.

9 On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 But he became hungry and was desiring to eat ; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance ; 11 and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, 12 and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. 13 A voice came to him, "Get up, Peter, kill and eat !" 14 But Peter said, "By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean." 15 Again a voice came to him a second time, "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy." 16 This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.

1 Timothy 4:1-5 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which .God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude ; 5 for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith , A new covenant, he hath made the first old . Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

By those who believe and know the truth. Amen

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 04:37:03 am »
1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

I noticed that you highlighted verse 4, OK, now let's not ignore verse 5.  What creatures are sancitfied by the word of God and where might I find this information?

Uh, well, let's try Lev 11 and Deut 14.

(For any SDAs following along, carefully note that "commanding to abstain from meats" is a doctrine of demons.)

Now let me ask you a question, do you believe that Christ is desperately trying to save the world right now and the Devil is doing all he can to get the wrold to go to hell?  If someone doesn't say the magic words today, they are doomed to burn in hell forever?

Fat

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 08:37:35 am »
1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

I noticed that you highlighted verse 4, OK, now let's not ignore verse 5.  What creatures are sancitfied by the word of God and where might I find this information?

Uh, well, let's try Lev 11 and Deut 14.

(For any SDAs following along, carefully note that "commanding to abstain from meats" is a doctrine of demons.)

Now let me ask you a question, do you believe that Christ is desperately trying to save the world right now and the Devil is doing all he can to get the wrold to go to hell?  If someone doesn't say the magic words today, they are doomed to burn in hell forever?

I posted it for in the last post Acts 10.

1) Christ is not in any danger of losing this battle. John 10, John 17, Revelation 17:8

2) There are no magic words, it is accepting the truth of the Cross and having a change of heart through faith (repentance). All accomplished through the Grace of God.

biblebuf

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 09:09:52 am »
The law of the 7th day sabbath is clear but the Jewish Tradition has muddled it up. Through history of the Bible they have misread the meaning of the scriptures. Look at all the prophecy they had of their messiah and when He came giving them all the signs and wonders they MISSED it. Well Christ told them they missed the meaning of the sabbath too.

BB

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 11:48:22 am »
I posted it for in the last post Acts 10.

1) Christ is not in any danger of losing this battle. John 10, John 17, Revelation 17:8

2) There are no magic words, it is accepting the truth of the Cross and having a change of heart through faith (repentance). All accomplished through the Grace of God.

So, what say you?  Does this go on?  For if you believe it does you subscribe to another misunderstanding of the SDAs and Ellen G. White called the Great Controversy.

Fat

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:08 pm »
So, what say you?  Does this go on?  For if you believe it does you subscribe to another misunderstanding of the SDAs and Ellen G. White called the Great Controversy.

White was a false prophet. Do you deny this? But I guess the answer that is no, because you are taking up her position on this topic.

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2013, 04:59:31 am »
White was a false prophet. Do you deny this? But I guess the answer that is no, because you are taking up her position on this topic.

She was absolutely a false prophet.  I plainly said that the Great Controversy doctrine was a misunderstanding of the truth.  You seem to have a habit of reading something and misinterpreting it according to preconceived ideas.  I do not condemn the SDAs, but they have many, many major errors in their teachings.