Author Topic: Study finds 37% of pastors have biblical worldview: Spiritual awakening 'needed  (Read 635 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw

Study finds 37% of pastors have biblical worldview: Spiritual awakening 'needed in our pulpits'

A new study from the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University has found that just 37% of Christian pastors in the United States have a biblical worldview, demonstrating that spiritual awakening is "needed just as desperately in our pulpits as in the pews," according to the pollster.
The nationwide study of about 1,000 Christian pastors found that just slightly more than a third (37%) of the U.S. pastors hold a biblical worldview. The majority (62%) possess a hybrid worldview known as Syncretism.
The study, released Thursday, showed that 41% of senior pastors — as compared to 28% of associate pastors — have a biblical worldview. Further, only 13% of teaching pastors and 12% of children's and youth pastors have a biblical worldview.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/only-37-of-pastors-have-a-biblical-worldview-barna.html

Hal

Religious syncretism is the blending of two or more religious belief systemsinto a new system, or the incorporation into a religious tradition of beliefs from unrelated traditions.

Fat

You either believe the Bible or you don’t.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’